WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

diver chrono thoughts

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  enderinheaven 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all

I've been looking for a dive style chronograph and have been bouncing between the Limes 1tausend chrono and the Marathon CSAR.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Any thoughts for or against either of those? Any other recommendations (with a budget of <$2500)

many thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
I'd pick the Limes. Bezel numbers on the marathon seem very hard to read at a glance and it has too many numbers on the dial, hours, 14 hour time, subdial numbers, they seem a bit jumbled together, especially around the subdials. The handset on the Limes also seems a lot more visible, not mention prettier.

#4 ·
I wanted a CSAR for quite a while (ended up getting a Prometheus OD chrono) - given the choice between those two though, I'd go for the limes. The design feels more holistic and considered to me. That said, the metal bracelet for the CSAR looks nicer (but having not tried either I can't speak to which is better).

#12 ·
I applaud you for finding the Limes; I think is an unjustifiably overlooked brand. Limes is a nice choice due to in-house casework and quality execution of that stark dial aesthetic German divers are known for.

#13 ·
One thing to note, The Omega has pushers that are operable underwater, at depth........
The only other Chrono that I know of that can do that is the TAG, and it uses pushers cover in rubber to do it.. Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Metal

#15 ·
Thanks everyone. This has been enlightening for me. I had no idea that neither of those watches chronograph functions could be used underwater. Unfortunately my budget is not where it needs to be for the Omega, Tag or Sinn right now. Oh well, on the wish list they go!Ryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.