WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Does your collection have a focus or theme...If so show us!

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  ManMachine 
#1 · (Edited)
A few months ago I had an epiphany about my watch collection. It seemed the watches that I have historically held onto longer and pieces I was draw too were modern interpretations of earlier models by that original brand. So I started to use the term modern vintage. While I love vintage watches I like them better with the latest updates in movements, lume, bezel materials, bracelets...So modern vintage is the focus and theme of the watches I have completely by accident. Here are some of my Divers that fit in this group:

From Left to Right and Front to Back, Ball Skindiver (based on a 1962 Ball diver), Longines Legend Diver (Extension of the Vintage Super Compressor for Longines), Rolex Submariner, Breitling Heritage (I was told an older Breitling was it's basis?), and the Omega ProPlof.

Different Order:

This extends to the dress and casual watches also except for the G-Shock and the Suunto Core. So what what is the focus of your collection?

See less See more
#11 · (Edited)
#5 ·
I don't really have a theme I focus on; I just buy what I like, diver or not. Aside from purchasing my JLC MC Navy SEALs Auto and Sinn EZM3, it's been a slow year for me as I'm just enjoying what I have at the moment after purchasing quite a few watches the last two years. I've been seriously contemplating downsizing my collection to a few core pieces and I'd like to eventually add some longtime grails such as the AP ROO Diver and Blancpain FF.

All my divers except my EZM3:

The majority of my collection (not pictured are my misc. quartz pieces):

#8 ·
Nishant, your past and present collection is just amazing! big props! What would you say has been your very favorite watch so far?
Thanks Bud ! I really do 'dig' my JLC ... But DSSD would probably be my one 'go-to' watch and would wish everybody can afford one :-!
Gorgeous, Dependable and Versatile with Fantastic Resale .. [ Non-WIS recognition is another PLUS ]

Reactions: Medusa
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.