Doxa Sub 200 or Longines Hydroconquest 39 mm
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Doxa Sub 200 or Longines Hydroconquest 39 mm

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Doxa Sub 200 or Longines Hydroconquest 39 mm

Hello.
    I was considering to buy Hydroconquest or Certina DS PH200M (around 1000 usd budget) but certina is going to big for me so I was advised on this forum to consider Doxa sub 200.

I have 17.5cm wrist and now I am considering Doxa sub 200 or HC 39mm.
    I like the look of Doxa but as I have learned this Doxa is not the same as the ones from 1960s. So I am not sure if it will be reliable in quality and if it is the real part of the famouse Doxa divers hystory.
    Otherwise I know that Longines has good quality and Hystory but there is something in the design that makes me doubt.

What do you think is Doxa better?

https://shop.us.longines.com/l374145...ing-watch.html

https://doxawatches.com/products/sub-200
    Zzyzx likes this.

Re: Doxa Sub 200 or Longines Hydroconquest 39 mm

Of those two choices, I would prefer the Doxa. It is more understated even with the many colored dials. There is something about the Longines that is too "blingy" for me. If it didn't say Longines on the dial, I would assume it was an Invicta.
    Zzyzx and dustytriumph like this.

Yes I agree Longines is also blingy to me.
    Zzyzx likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Longines gives you a better quality for your money. It's a Longines Hydroconquest is a mainstay, whereas this new Doxa is a complete departure to generate sales with a ho-hum watch at their new lower price point . I've had 3 different Longines HydroConquests years ago in 42mm and they are very nicely finished overall.

The Doxa 200 looks hastily produced with little attention to any details. It's selling by name only I'm afraid.

Get the Longines. You will be glad you did.
    Zzyzx likes this.
    "Yeah, it's basically a block of steel with a movement inside. Part of the charm." daschlag

Quote Originally Posted by Hakob View Post
    Yes I agree Longines is also blingy to me.
    It's not blingy, it's just very very nice. Wheras the Doxa 200 is just blah. With a little extra effort the Doxa could have been much better.

I will say, I like the Orange and the 150th anniversary versions of the Doxa, but I'd buy one of their original subs first.
    Zzyzx likes this.
    "Yeah, it's basically a block of steel with a movement inside. Part of the charm." daschlag

EHV

I had the Longines 41mm HC and I regret selling it. Excellent quality and the fit and finish was very good.
    My wrist is 7 inches so, 17.78cm The watch fit extremely well and wore a bit small. My wrist is very flat so I can wear sizes from 38 to 43 with ease. The 41mm may actually be sized ok for your wrist.

While the HC looks blingy in photos, I didn't find it over the top in person at all.

I own a Doxa 1200 and it too is exceptional and very close to the Longines in fit and finish. A different, more tool like vibe than the more polished Hydroconquest.

All that said, I am unsure about the new Doxa 200. I am still considering one but as mentioned above, the 200 doesn't seem to have the same attention to detail as the Doxa Subs and it seems to be positioned as their gateway/entry level model based on pricing and features. I will certainly reserve complete judgement until I can see and examine one in person but it does leave me wondering.

I do agree that the Longines will likely give you quality for your money and it's very comfortable wearing watch from a brand with a long history, of which Doxa has as well but in a different way.
    Last edited by EHV; 4 Days Ago at 00:28.
    Zzyzx and Riddim Driven like this.

I like the look of the Longines Hydroconquest Ceramic but it doesn't come with 39mm size.
    As I know the besel of 39 is painted aluminium. Does it get scratched easly?
    Zzyzx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakob View Post
    I like the look of the Longines Hydroconquest Ceramic but it doesn't come with 39mm size.
    As I know the besel of 39 is painted aluminium. Does it get scratched easly?
    I've had my Hydroconquest for over two years, wearing it as my every day watch, and the bezel has never taken a scratch. It's pretty tough.

I have both and they each have their own merits. The Longines looks great and wears well, however I'm a fan of domed crystals and the Longines falls flat in that regard.

The Doxa is beautiful, not hastily put together as some have said, and is a real eye catcher. It also has a more vintage look which depending on the situation may not be what your looking for.

All in all I'm very happy with both. I wore the Longines yesterday and am wearing the Doxa now. I think some people are put off by what they feel a Doxa should cost and others are put off by that middle tier Longines occupies. I say try them both on if you can and buy the one that fits you best.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I don't have opportunity to test those on my wrist. I need to order both.
    Zzyzx likes this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information