Ever regret your Marathon GSAR purchase? Debating between a GSAR and Black Monster

Poll: Marathon GSAR or Seiko Black Monster?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Ever regret your Marathon GSAR purchase? Debating between a GSAR and Black Monster

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ever regret your Marathon GSAR purchase? Debating between a GSAR and Black Monster

Hello everyone. So about 4 months ago I bought a Seiko Orange Monster (SRP309K). My intention was that would be my weekend warrior, and I would save my money for a Marathon GSAR. What I didn't realize was how much I would like the Monster. The lume is the best I have ever had, extremely bright when charged, can easily see it thru the night. It keeps almost perfect time, and I only have to wear it about an hour or so every few days to keep it going. For $200 I think its a steal of a watch.
    However, the orange dial does not match every outfit, so I am looking to pull the trigger on a more versatile watch. Now I have the decision to make, do I splurge and spend $500 to $800 on a Marathon GSAR (depending on the deals I can find)? Or, do I save a few hundred and spend $200 to buy the Seiko Black Monster? Just trying to reach out to some GSAR owners to see how you like your watch, and if you would do it again. Thanks for any feedback.

Re: Ever regret your Marathon GSAR purchase? Debating between a GSAR and Black Monster

The GSAR is a great watch for the price, the bracelet is one of the best in the industry. I have a lot of watches, and the GSAR is still here.

I'm looking to trade my Black Monster for an Orange, if you're interested... PM me :)

Sent from my Android XT1030 with big fingers
    "Picking the lesser of 2 evils...is still evil"

Doxa 800TI Pro & 600T Pro & DivingStar
    Damasko DA45 & DA36 & DC56
    Muhle Glasutte SAR
    Citizen PMT56-27"Tough" & PMU56-23"Ray Mears"
    Marathon GSAR
    --Helson Shark Diver40
    Omega SMP & 120m Baby Ploprof & AT 2500 & AT Railmaster
    Tutima DI300 & Pilot FX--Oris BC Regulator--Aquadive BS100 Bronze
    Halios Tropik B green
    --Hamilton Navy Diver
    Jorg Schauer Kleine Durowe & Kulisse Ed. 12

Re: Ever regret your Marathon GSAR purchase? Debating between a GSAR and Black Monster

The GSAR is one of my favorites and the bracelet is worth the money. No regrets at all.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I just bought my 3rd GSAR. Regretted selling my other two from they day I sold them, this one isn't going anywhere anytime soon!

+1 for the GSAR+bracelet, its the watch I wear the most of all my watches. I like it alot. But if its right for you I dont know.

I voted for both because........................................... .................................................. .................................

.........I'm a little biased...........I think : )

The G-SAR and SEIKO Monsters are very different animals, but they both deserves to be own as I find they both offer great value for the money. Yes, the G-SAR is more versatile, while the Monster is a sport watch that is unique and it looks like nothing else.
    ~ Daniel ~

Man I want a SAR so bad. Can't afford to own a GSAR and a SAR at the same time though. Would have to trade and don't know if I would regret it. I think I'm alone in loving magnification windows. I really want a watch that has one. The SAR is so very tempting.

GTA, Ontario, Canada, the True North strong and free

Quote Originally Posted by Airquotes View Post
    Man I want a SAR so bad. Can't afford to own a GSAR and a SAR at the same time though. Would have to trade and don't know if I would regret it. I think I'm alone in loving magnification windows. I really want a watch that has one. The SAR is so very tempting.
    They're both great. I used to have a G(M)SAR... I still have a SAR. Harder to find/long discontinued (but you probably already know that). Rediscovering mine it of late, actually.

And my former...

Cheers,
    HBL
    DESIDERANTES MELIOREM PATRIAM

Quote Originally Posted by Airquotes View Post
    Do you mean a SAR

Or a SAR ? :)

Sent from my Android XT1030 with big fingers
    "Picking the lesser of 2 evils...is still evil"

Doxa 800TI Pro & 600T Pro & DivingStar
    Damasko DA45 & DA36 & DC56
    Muhle Glasutte SAR
    Citizen PMT56-27"Tough" & PMU56-23"Ray Mears"
    Marathon GSAR
    --Helson Shark Diver40
    Omega SMP & 120m Baby Ploprof & AT 2500 & AT Railmaster
    Tutima DI300 & Pilot FX--Oris BC Regulator--Aquadive BS100 Bronze
    Halios Tropik B green
    --Hamilton Navy Diver
    Jorg Schauer Kleine Durowe & Kulisse Ed. 12

I have had 4 marathons and never regretted any of them. I thought about picking up another many times. I was just thinking about that today actually.

They have awesome bezels, and the bracelet is indeed one of the best of all time no matter how nice any watch is. Believe me, you'll love the bracelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current: Rolex Datejust 126200, ​Rolex 14060m w/glidelock, Apple Watch, G-Shock

Gone but not forgotten: Way too many to remember!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information