First Dive Watch..Need Recommendations!

Thread: First Dive Watch..Need Recommendations!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

First Dive Watch..Need Recommendations!

Hey guys, I'm new to this site. Always collected Fossil watches but wantto get somethin a little better quality that I can take on vacations snorkeling or kayaking and not have to worry about. The Seiko SKX007 caught my eye, but I'm wondering is there a unisex model? I'm a girl but don't want the extremely small dial, or huge..so something in between. It doesn't HAVE to be a Seiko. But I'm likin what I've seen so far of the 007. Let me know!
    Thanks in advance.

Re: First Dive Watch..Need Recommendations!

Quote Originally Posted by afinalfantasy View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to this site. Always collected Fossil watches but wantto get somethin a little better quality that I can take on vacations snorkeling or kayaking and not have to worry about. The Seiko SKX007 caught my eye, but I'm wondering is there a unisex model? I'm a girl but don't want the extremely small dial, or huge..so something in between. It doesn't HAVE to be a Seiko. But I'm likin what I've seen so far of the 007. Let me know!
    Thanks in advance.

These are not too big and they are a good bang for buck.

Citizen NY2300

Also you can go the Seiko monster route, a little bigger and heavier, but on Rubber I think you can pull it off.
    I have a beard. There!

Orient, Hamilton, Tissot, what's your budget?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum! If you like the SKX007, I think you'd love the SKX013 - it's basically the same watch but in a mid-size. You still get all the bang for the buck of a real Seiko diver, but in a more compact size. Sorry I don't have a pic, but if you google "Seiko SKX013" you'll see what it looks like.
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

Banned

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by doug507 View Post
    welcome to the forum! If you like the skx007, i think you'd love the skx013 - it's basically the same watch but in a mid-size. You still get all the bang for the buck of a real seiko diver, but in a more compact size. Sorry i don't have a pic, but if you google "seiko skx013" you'll see what it looks like.

You can never go wrong with a Seiko Orange Monster - great watch, versatile and looks great. Mine has lasted years and still works/looks great!!

Good luck!!
    So many watches, so little time...

I recently picked up a skx007 too and my girlfriend was in the exact same predicament; she liked the 007 look but it was too big and heavy.

I second that the SKX013 is good compromise for chicks.

Banned

Hi - you've got great taste in divers!

If you like the 007 look but want somethig a little smaller, I would take a look at the 013 as has been suggested, or the SBCM023. The SBCM is quartz, it's a little more expensive, but it has a perpetual calendar, and it's accurate to +- 20 seconds / year. It's also made in Japan, unlike the SKX series divers. Only real downside is folded endlinks on the bracelet. Strap on a Nato and you'll be right.

I would also recommend the Monster. It's beautifully made, has one of the best bezels in the business, and a smooth bracelet with solid endlinks. It also wears quite small as it is short lug to lug.

OK, I'm finally home. Here's the SKX013K (picture taken from www.chronograph.com). I'm not affiliated with them but I have bought from them several times - they are GREAT to deal with!

" Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information