Hi guys and gals, just a teaser at this point ...:

I talked to representatives of Sinn last week, and we tentatively agreed on a half-day program of a full tour of the Sinn factory/headquarters in Frankfurt, including a meeting and discussion with Mr. Schmidt (the Sinn owner and CEO), for WUS members in the first half of October. The visit to Sinn will possibly take place on a weekday between 1:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Needless to say, this is a rare and excellent opportunity to delve deeper into the world of watchmaking with one of the companies that is at the cutting edge of watch technology development.

Given the availability of excellent transportation means to Frankfurt by air, rail and road, and the fact that Sinn are making their special company discount available for those requiring hotel accommodations in Frankfurt (more details later), this visit will hopefully be of interest also to those WUS-members not located in the immediate Rhine-Main area.

The number of participants will be limited by the capacity of the Sinn facilities. If registrations should exceed the maximum number (and I don't know whether that will be the case at all), preference will be given to those who have been registered WUS-members since June 2006 or earlier, as the event is primarily aimed at providing a benefit for regular WUS members. If the number WUS regulars should be below the maximum number, consideration will be given to extend the invitation to non-WUS guests.

After the meeting at Sinn, I propose to adjourn to a regional WUS Rhine-Main meeting in a locale in Frankfurt to close off the day in the tradition of the two recent WUS Rhine-Main-area meetings in Darmstadt. I should add that I am hoping for help from prospective attendees familiar with the Frankfurt scene in planning the after-Sinn get-together, and also for participants with photographic skills (and equipment) superior to my own to document our tour for those WUS-members who cannot join us in person.

I'll be taking names at a later point in time when the exact date of the meeting and the maximum number of participants has been determined.

More details to follow. Stay tuned!

N.B.: This thread is cross-posted from the Sinn Forum. If you have any questions, or would like to comment, please do so at the thread in the Sinn Forum for the benefit of having the entire discussion about the Sinn factory tour in a single location.

Thank you for reading!