Gorgeous new Yema Superman Heritage Quartz 39mm
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Gorgeous new Yema Superman Heritage Quartz 39mm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gorgeous new Yema Superman Heritage Quartz 39mm

I happened to pass by the Yema website today and noticed that they have a new line of quartz versions of their Superman Heritage line.
    They have a black and blue that look pretty much exactly like the automatics, but the one that really caught my eye was this dark blue model.
    That's pretty gorgeous, right? And it appears to be very thin, at 11mm including a domed (mineral) crystal.
    It's about $350 on the tropic strap after their 10% coupon. I know folks are going to point out that it's a very cheap movement, etc, but... pretty... so tempted.... :)

What do people think about the quality of the current Yema line? How's the fit and finish, bezel alignment, etc?

P.S. I am not affiliated with the brand in any way; just an enthusiast!

Name:  Yema_Quartz1.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  60.9 KBName:  Yema_Quartz2.JPG
Views: 120
Size:  60.4 KBName:  Yema_Quartz3.JPG
Views: 115
Size:  49.3 KB
    Last edited by sirjohnk; 3 Weeks Ago at 00:01.
    watchcrank and E8ArmyDiver like this.

PFM

Re: Gorgeous new Yema Superman Heritage Quartz 39mm

I think it looks great on the bracelet as well !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice looking watch. Really like the blue.
    But is that a 6105 seconds hand? No it's not, but looks very Seiko.
    The Now Not-So-Much Diminished WishList: Atticus Pelion ND (pre-order) Precista PRS-3 (upcoming quartz versioin, black); Precista Caribbean (undecided on color); Bulova Devil Diver (green or blue/orange); Yema Navygraf reissue; Casio T200; Casio A168WA-1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Already have it on preorder and today I've got an email that they will also send me the tropic free of charge besides the bracelet.

What with Yema and the stubby hand sets. Their almost as bad as Sinn and the 556

I am -> <- this close to buying one of these. I am totally grooving on Yema lately.

More and more I find myself gravitating to the ease of quartz watches, so the movement isn't a show stopper for me at all, and may in fact be a plus.
    sirjohnk and E8ArmyDiver like this.

Grrrr... Mineral crystal. Getting a little pricey for a ho - hum quartz movement and no sapphire. It looks great, but my wallet is protesting.
    The Now Not-So-Much Diminished WishList: Atticus Pelion ND (pre-order) Precista PRS-3 (upcoming quartz versioin, black); Precista Caribbean (undecided on color); Bulova Devil Diver (green or blue/orange); Yema Navygraf reissue; Casio T200; Casio A168WA-1

I hope it is a little better made than their previous quartz models. I bought the quartz Superman when they had them on sale a few months back. Granted I only paid around $250 for it, but it felt like a budget watch. The bezel lock was for looks only and didn't actually work, and the bracelet was very cheap feeling. So much so, I just wore it on a Tropic instead. I was going to buy one of the automatic models, but have held off due to this one being so mediocre at best. And the lume was barely visible after about an hour in total darkness.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Remember, no matter where you go, there you are!" ---Buckaroo Banzai

I just bought the old Yema quartz in Blue during their sell-out. Paid $209 with free shipping on a NATO strap. I really like it. The flat crystal is something different. The bezel lock is non-functional and must be for looks only (Typical..better to look good than to be good). I bought a tropic rubber dive strap from Baltic. The Baltic strap barely fits my 7.5 in. wrist but looks good on the Yema. I would highly recommend the brand as a low price kick around diver that is unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    I am -> <- this close to buying one of these. I am totally grooving on Yema lately.

More and more I find myself gravitating to the ease of quartz watches, so the movement isn't a show stopper for me at all, and may in fact be a plus.
    Couldn't agree more. There's a lot to be said for having a few quartz pieces that are always ready to go

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information