H2O MARLIN PICTURE THREAD - Page 18
Like Tree567Likes

Thread: H2O MARLIN PICTURE THREAD

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Re: H2O MARLIN PICTURE THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by rafy1 View Post
    Wow!! Awesome with the H2O black rubber :)

Thanks a lot for all your super nice photos of your Marlin, really Top Class ;)
    Thanks Rafy

Iím still trying to figure out what I like best for a strap/bracelet combo on the marlin. also trying to figure out exactly how I feel about the end link spacers. They make for nice integrated look with the h20 rubber but it also changes the feel of the case a bit. I feel like it may take me cycling through a couple options before I settle on a favourite and most comfortable option.

Quote Originally Posted by boatswain View Post
    Thanks Rafy

Iím still trying to figure out what I like best for a strap/bracelet combo on the marlin. also trying to figure out exactly how I feel about the end link spacers. They make for nice integrated look with the h20 rubber but it also changes the feel of the case a bit. I feel like it may take me cycling through a couple options before I settle on a favourite and most comfortable option.

This watch has me polarized, the dial is amazing. The bezel has choices I like, I really don't like the sterile. The case shape and crown location are close to my ideal. Size, it's a bit thick and long but by no means a deal breaker. My biggest gripe is I don't like the look of the bracelet and the spacer that you need? To use the rubber just doesn't look natural.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    rafy1 likes this.

H2O MARLIN PICTURE THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by JLS36 View Post
    This watch has me polarized, the dial is amazing. The bezel has choices I like, I really don't like the sterile. The case shape and crown location are close to my ideal. Size, it's a bit thick and long but by no means a deal breaker. My biggest gripe is I don't like the look of the bracelet and the spacer that you need? To use the rubber just doesn't look natural.

There are two spring bar positions so itís possible to use the h20 rubber or other straps close in to the case, the spacers arenít needed if not wanted. Iíll be trying that out next.

These are some pics form the other day using a BC315 before trying the h20 rubber.

I donít feel like I have found the ideal combo quite yet.

I donít think I took any pictures with the h20 rubber mounted without the spacers but Iíll be trying that again too.
    Last edited by boatswain; 2 Weeks Ago at 22:54.
    thejollywatcher and rafy1 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There are two spring bar positions so itís possible to use the h20 rubber or other straps close in to the case, the spacers arenít needed if not wanted. Iíll be trying that out next.

These are some pics form the other day using a BC315 before trying the h20 rubber.

I donít feel like I have found the ideal combo quite yet.

I donít think I took any pictures with the h20 rubber mounted without the spacers but Iíll be trying that again too.
    It looks good on rubber without the spacer imo.

boatswain likes this.

It looks good on rubber without the spacer imo.

I agree.

I very quickly tried the h20 rubber without the spacers but I may go back to check that option out in the next day or so.

Without the spacers the case looks more proportional with longer lugs and less case bulk.

I think the ideal option would have been a custom fitted strap but I understand that this option allows the strap to be used across various models.
    rafy1 likes this.

rafy1 and Dark Overlord like this.

I agree.

I very quickly tried the h20 rubber without the spacers but I may go back to check that option out in the next day or so.

Without the spacers the case looks more proportional with longer lugs and less case bulk.

I think the ideal option would have been a custom fitted strap but I understand that this option allows the strap to be used across various models.
    I think I would suggest an Erica's original or similar style strap, it may be a good fit.

I think I would suggest an Erica's original or similar style strap, it may be a good fit.

Good suggestion. Pass under straps are rarely my first thought.

Perhaps a black seatbelt nato trimmed as an RAF would look good too

Trying to keep the height down. That said it sure wears a lot lower than spec and Iíve had no issues with dieting under cuffs yet. Likely due to the nice domed top.

Good suggestion. Pass under straps are rarely my first thought.

Perhaps a black seatbelt nato trimmed as an RAF would look good too

Trying to keep the height down. That said it sure wears a lot lower than spec and Iíve had no issues with dieting under cuffs yet. Likely due to the nice domed top.
    I understand the height worries, my experience with the Erika's straps is it hugs the wrist real well and makes all watches feel less tall on the wrist. I've generally stayed off of Nato straps and Erika's but the last year or so I've liked them. My seaforth lives on a black Erika's and my Breitling chrono feels quite amazing on a Grey Erika's. I saw blushark has a version of grey with a black stripe that looks decent.

boatswain and Dark Overlord like this.

Oh man Iíve been out of the loop! Congrats B on the Marlin 40 purchase.

Without going into too much detail IMO anything without the bracelet the watch should be without the endlink spacers. And make sure the correct spring bar hole is used to ensure minimal case-strap gap.

This is purely my opinion. Oh and an isofrane will work very nice on it. I believe I posted photos of it somewhere in this thread.

Look forward to your full review B. And PM me when you do. Iíve been all over the place and forget about the forums.

Great combo by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    boatswain likes this.

"Racing - because football, soccer, baseball and basketball only use one ball!"
    Join the H2O-Watch Addicts Anonymous FB Group!!

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread Information