H2O Quality Questions
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: H2O Quality Questions

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question H2O Quality Questions

Hi Guys,

Been looking at H2O Kalmar2/Orca allot lately and have found a bit of a sticky situation around QA or dial design. The issue for me is the date window and the wheel/position. On a few of the shots i have found, in the date window I am clearly able to see the next date in the top left hand corner.

I was wondering is this typical of the Kalmar2/Orcas or is this only on specific subdial+movement combos?

Here is a pic for example.

H2O Quality Questions

Offhand that looks like an oversized date window (hole) ...

Hmm but maybe that’s because you are on 21... the second digit takes up no visual space. 28 might look better

Re: H2O Quality Questions

But thats the issue. Is this normal behavior for this line from H2O? It doesn't really matter what date it is, it really shouldn't be showing the next dates.

I dont actually own this peace, I'm just thinking about ordering/buy from here and have come across this. Knowing me, this would really upset me and force a return.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That’s not normal behavior for any watch, period. That’s just shoddy design and QC. If we continue to buy these watches we continue to encourage shoddiness- we essentially tell the manufacturers “we don’t care.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    X2-Elijah likes this.
    Killing Confusion By Eliminating Options

H20 is fairly well known for their quality. They have in the past suffered from long lead times, and have been accused of poor communication. Clemens seems to be working on that on the lead times. They have a strong following and are well known for producing high quality watches for reasonable prices. If you read these forums enough you know there is simply no watch at any level that is immune to a quality issue occasionally. From seiko to Rolex it's all documented around here so be aware there is always the chance of a quality issue.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

H2O Quality Questions

I have an Orca and the date window is too small. Get no date if you can. Also mine has no lume triangle. Apart from that I love it and can forgive these quirks:

"If you understand comedy, you understand life. Drama, death, tragedy - everybody has these. But with humour you've got all these, and the antidote. You have found the answer" (Eric Sykes).

If the date wheel is not well adjusted just send it back to let this be fixed.

I just paid for a Kalmar 2 last week, after reading/researching and looking at hundreds of pics.

That is the only pic I’ve run across that showed that date issue. Evey brand has had one-off issues in production, doesn’t bother me....sheit happens. I’m not seeing any complaints about similar quality issues. They have a very discerning and loyal following and I look forward to getting mine.

Gyus im not trying to bash on the brand, its QA or anything. Im just trying to find out if the pic above is a normal occurrence or not. I've seen this in a few different member pics so i thought i would ask the question.

Quote Originally Posted by JLS36 View Post
    H20 is fairly well known for their quality. They have in the past suffered from long lead times, and have been accused of poor communication. Clemens seems to be working on that on the lead times. They have a strong following and are well known for producing high quality watches for reasonable prices. If you read these forums enough you know there is simply no watch at any level that is immune to a quality issue occasionally. From seiko to Rolex it's all documented around here so be aware there is always the chance of a quality issue.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    The lead times are annoying but it's the quality that concerns me. Again i'm not trying to bash on H2O, just would like to know from some of these loyal followers if there peaces have this issue. For me this would be an instance refund/exchange. I would not be keeping a peace like this. Yes i do like the overall design, but this would irritate me to no end.

I've been looking at them for quite a while and across this forum i've seen a number of pics with the date window showing more than the one day. So the question is this normal? If not, and i would like to exchange/return/refund what would that look like. Does the brand allow it. With the poor coms, will this result in a paypal/CC dispute filed and the H2O saying that this a normal function of their watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkwearmouth View Post
    I have an Orca and the date window is too small. Get no date if you can. Also mine has no lume triangle. Apart from that I love it and can forgive these quirks:
    So if you set the date to 21, does it show the next date?

Quote Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post
    I just paid for a Kalmar 2 last week, after reading/researching and looking at hundreds of pics.

That is the only pic I’ve run across that showed that date issue. Evey brand has had one-off issues in production, doesn’t bother me....sheit happens. I’m not seeing any complaints about similar quality issues. They have a very discerning and loyal following and I look forward to getting mine.

So what happens if you set the date to 21, do you see it,

I've owned 6 from Clemens, and the ones with date window didn't have this issue.
    DarioV likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information