WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Hamilton Below Zero PVD (add pics Isofrane)

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Mr Sandman 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody :)

Just delivered! Hamilton Khaki Below Zero PVD; which I picked up from a fellow WIS on a trade. I have to say -I am thoroughly impressed by this piece. It is rock solid on the bracelet and conveys a very nice presence on the wrist. I particularly like the substantial diameter of the case coupled with a very reasonable height -that actually fits under a cuff. Naturally, the rubber strap lends itself better to everyday wear; however, the stock strap is a little thin for my tastes. I have an inbound Isofrane (with the DLC RS buckle) that will finish the look perfectly.
I have to say this piece is hard to photograph and it looks substantially better in person. The lume is what you would expect for black Luminova (crappy) ... so lume junkies do not purchase! Additionally, this watch is not for the visually impaired as the numerals and indices are almost imperceptible at certain angles/ lighting conditions due to their 'blacked out' style. For me, the stealthiness of this watch is what I find really appealing, perhaps a little mysterious :) If you call yourself a desk diving commando or a weekend commanche this might be a nice piece for you. As it can play multiples roles in the office or out in the field/ water. There is no doubt in my mind this watch will hold up very nicely over the years!All-in-all - the art deco styling of the case speaks to me in a diver form. The lines of the case coupled with the HEX lugs at the corners and the almost gear like bezel -deliver a fluid mechanical underwater theme. It kind of reminds me something a diver would wear in a Jules Verne novel. The '0' at the '12' position is neat and actually was a good choice for this dial -adding to the overall theme. Hamilton made a number of good stylistic choices that really allow this watch to stand out among the rest ... I hope they continue down this route with other Khaki offerings.

Specs:
Case: 46mm, DLC coated Lugs:
24mm Movement:
Eta2826-2
Helium Release Valve: Yes
WR: 1000m

I have 7.25: wrists for comparison.

See less See more
Reactions: tk1971
#2 ·
Re: Hamilton Below Zero PVD on Stock Rubber

Looks nice, I really like the case back!

cheers,
Jake.

#7 · (Edited)

Hello all -so my 1st Isofrane arrived in the post today and it looks AWESOME ... if I do say so myself.

Compared to my Hirsch Extreme this strap is softer, more comfortable and smells better. The construction reminds me of my Bonetto, which makes sense considering they manufacture Isofranes.

All in all this has to be my favorite rubber strap and the DLC RS style buckle is a nice touch that both the Hirsch and Bonetto do not offer.

Reactions: Johnny P and tk1971
#10 · (Edited)

Can you post a wrist shot with the Isofrane?

Thanks.
Here are some quickies ...

Reactions: Johnny P and tk1971
#11 ·
I've got the limited edition version which has better lume. It's a heavy lump of watch and the clasp on the strap pops open now and again but I think it has been changed on later watches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.