Has anyone replaced their Miyota 9015 movement with an ETA 2824-2 in their Helson Skindiver?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Has anyone replaced their Miyota 9015 movement with an ETA 2824-2 in their Helson Skindiver?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Has anyone replaced their Miyota 9015 movement with an ETA 2824-2 in their Helson Skindiver?

I am rapidly falling OUT of love with the Miyota 9015 movements in my two Helson Skindivers - what a PITA they are to regulate! I've spent more time trying to get them at ~5 seconds/day fast than ALL my 10 other dive watches (ETA movements) COMBINED! My watchmaker got them (initially) to ~+5 spd about two months ago; now they are at ~+20 spd - Grrrr!!

I love my Helson Skindivers - they're long-term keepers; as such, has anyone here on f74 replaced their Miyota movement with an ETA 2824-2? I know that the Skindiver WAS originally so-equipped; I'm wondering if it's a simple R&R, or if I will need a spacer? Also:will the hands also be an R&R?

Thanks in advance for your consideration/comments!
    isfuzz likes this.

Re: Has anyone replaced their Miyota 9015 movement with an ETA 2824-2 in their Helson Skindiver?

Um, different dial feet, spacing at crown and hands, etc. Check out the spec sheets for both movements. I would stick with the devil you know.

Re: Has anyone replaced their Miyota 9015 movement with an ETA 2824-2 in their Helson Skindiver?

Completely different movement packages. Not like dropping a SW200 in place of a 2824 or swapping a 7S26 with a 4R36.
    Powered by 1.21 Gigawatts

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

To answer your question no.

But, I'm surprised as the watches with 9015s I've had ( about 5-6) all outperformed almost all of the ETA 2824s in terms of accuracy. Most were within COSC actually.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGanzman View Post
    I am rapidly falling OUT of love with the Miyota 9015 movements in my two Helson Skindivers - what a PITA they are to regulate! I've spent more time trying to get them at ~5 seconds/day fast than ALL my 10 other dive watches (ETA movements) COMBINED! My watchmaker got them (initially) to ~+5 spd about two months ago; now they are at ~+20 spd - Grrrr!!

I love my Helson Skindivers - they're long-term keepers; as such, has anyone here on f74 replaced their Miyota movement with an ETA 2824-2? I know that the Skindiver WAS originally so-equipped; I'm wondering if it's a simple R&R, or if I will need a spacer? Also:will the hands also be an R&R?

Thanks in advance for your consideration/comments!
    yankeexpress and Ellipsis... like this.

Thought about swapping out your movement with another 9015?
    Bertucci
    Caravelle
    CWC
    M
    emphis Belle
    Precista
    Scurfa
    S
    quale

DEFENSOR FORTIS ~ You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks, guys - I guess it'll be the devil I know...

Quote Originally Posted by sfnewguy View Post

But, I'm surprised as the watches with 9015s I've had ( about 5-6) all outperformed almost all of the ETA 2824s in terms of accuracy. Most were within COSC actually.
    The two I have are both within 3 s/d and at least as rock solid on the timegrapher as any of my ETAs.

Prefer the 9015 to the 2824 for several reasons.....

thinner (doesn’t matter in the Helson),
    Handwinding it is not an issue (avoid handwinding 2824 due to known wear history),
    less expensive to replace down the road 10 years or more for less coin,
    Availability as ETA could choke off supply or be ordered to by the Swiss Government.

Have 3 Helson Skindivers, 2 ETA and a 9015. They are all great watches.

You could sell the 9015 and buy an ETA equipped version or find someone to trade (not me)

TheGanzman likes this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

I find eta accuracy hit or miss but I always just live with it as I don't want to open up a watch and lose the Wr. But then I swap watches every few days so accuracy isn't a huge thing for me

Quote Originally Posted by sfnewguy View Post

Wow. Lucky you are dear Sfnewguy, as all the 9015 I have seen were all a bit from COSC specs...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information