Helberg/H2O resale....?
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Helberg/H2O resale....?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Is it just me or does it appear that some Kalmar 2 owners are taking hits on resale? Just saw dealer 1 have a listing for 1900 Euro original list was posted for sale @ 885. He sold it, but....damn. Does Helberg/ H2O have secret 40% off discount codes that I am missing? There have been a few others sell for way less too. Owners, what is your experience please?
    Last edited by Rojote; 2 Days Ago at 05:16.

Bueller...Bueller...Bueller. Lol.

Re: Helberg/H2O resale....?

The resale on the Helberg models is absolute crap. Why? Not sure the reason as they are a really nice timepiece.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by supawabb View Post
    The resale on the Helberg models is absolute crap. Why? Not sure the reason as they are a really nice timepiece.
    overly butch designs that have limited appeal from a niche brand with minimal social media activity makes for a watch that's hard to resell because everyone that wanted one already bought one. I agree that H2O / Helberg is superb quality.
    IG: ikeepgoodtime

Quote Originally Posted by supawabb View Post

IMO their styling looks disjointed. The originals looked like a less refined UTS. I've handled a few and they seem well made but to many people I just think they look odd.

Quote Originally Posted by valuewatchguy View Post
    overly butch designs that have limited appeal from a niche brand with minimal social media activity makes for a watch that's hard to resell because everyone that wanted one already bought one. I agree that H2O / Helberg is superb quality.
    Perfect summary of the situation

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by valuewatchguy View Post

What....it’s against the rules to have more than one? Buying 10 Seikos is ok, but no one wants a 2nd model H2O? LOL

I think that if there is a resale issue it’s likely because he allows CUSTOMIZATION of the watches....selecting case, bezel, dial, hour and minute hands, crystal, and strap/bracelet....whereas everyone has their own idea of what they want and what looks good, thus making resale very personal.

The customization of a watch is a great selling point....but perhaps makes it harder to resell.

Maybe some guys fook up the customization process and when they receive it, it doesn’t strike their fancy anymore. Yeah, sell it to someone else.....riiiiight.

I love mine....won’t be looking to sell.

mule and H2O Watch like this.

The only watch I got tempted on was the one that is basically a Homage to the Triton Spirotechnique, but in the end I was put of by the h20 logo

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynuts View Post
    The only watch I got tempted on was the one that is basically a Homage to the Triton Spirotechnique, but in the end I was put of by the h20 logo

It sure beats the Christopher Ward logo.....”Christopher Ward”

LOL

Monkeynuts and Toonces like this.

Ok, sounds like I was not on planet Pluto. 😉. Yeah, having hard time swallowing about 2-5x the $ of other micro brands with worse resale. I’m not a used watch buyer, but may have too on this one.

So no Black Friday or discount on these? The must think they really are Special...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information