HELP!! Can not find anything about this Watch!

Thread: HELP!! Can not find anything about this Watch!

HELP!! Can not find anything about this Watch!

Hi everyone,

Who knows this Watch? can not find sustancial information about it.

Has an Automatic Mov, 300mts dive, screw down crown and back case, but i would like to know more about the brand,crystal material and which automatic movement.

Last edited by ibaranenko; March 31st, 2009 at 19:44.

Re: HELP!! Can not find anything about this Watch!

Sicura was around making watches in the 60s and 70s, but they disappeared sometime during the quartz revolution. Their vintage divers pop up occasionally. From what little I could find, the brand name was recently purchased to be used on inexpensive Asian watches. These are the specs for this one:

• Japan 21 Jewels Self Winding Automatic Movement by Myota
    • Stainless Steel Case and Band with Push Button Deployment Clasp with Safety Lock Feature
    • Mineral Crystal, Date Display, Luminous Hands and Markers, Uni-Directional Turning Bezel
    • Screwed Down Caseback and Crown
    • Water Resistant - 300M, Case Size: 43mm Diameter excluding Crown, 13mm Thickness
    Nothing special IMHO, and for that price I'd go with a Seiko/Citizen/Orient.
    Regards,

Gabe

Quote Originally Posted by ibaranenko View Post
    Hi everyone,

Who knows this Watch? can not find sustancial information about it.

Has an Automatic Mov, 300mts dive, screw down crown and back case, but i would like to know more about the brand,crystal material and which automatic movement.

Hi...Don't know if this information will help, but the last time I saw a Sicura was in Venice, Italy, about 40 years ago!!!. I was in the Navy and on liberty ashore. I was so impressed with the style (three windows, one for hour, one for minute, one for date, automatic wind), and a price that was fantastic, so I bought it. It only lasted about three months before needing repair. Brought it to a watch maker, he explained the movement was cheaper than cheap ( a "pin and rocker" or something or other), and basically not worth even attempting to repair. As I say, this was 40 years ago, so maybe the brand has come up. I friend of my knew the brand and said it is comparable to a Bulova Caravelle quality wise. Hope this helps.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks all of you,
    I looking for another dive watch!!ll

o.a gaspar

Sicura was a one time Swiss brand that fell as Gabe said due to the quartz revolution and has recently arisen due to a Cantonese businessman buying up many of the old Swiss brand names and producing watches using the names....the watch you have pictured is new and relativley inexpensive(under $150.) and is Asian in origin....many can be found at different vendors on the web and it also comes in a PVD version...hope this helps
    http://watchsurplus.com/Sicura-Mens-...source=froogle

Thread Information