Helson sharkmaster 300 vs nth Odin?
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Helson sharkmaster 300 vs nth Odin?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Helson sharkmaster 300 vs nth Odin?

hello all,

I am doubting between the very similar Helson Sharkmaster 300 and the NTH Odin.
    I think I prefer the design of the Sharkmaster, but suspect the lume is better on the Odin (and I'm looking for all night lume- relative initial brightness is not that important to me).
    Anyone care to weigh in on their experience?
    thanks
    John
    (first post- newbie)

Re: Helson sharkmaster 300 vs nth Odin?

Lume on both is equivalent.

Note that the watches are different sizes, the Helson is bigger and thicker and heavier.

If you want a thin, light, accurate diver, get the NTH, especially if your wrist is under 7 inches round.

If you want a slightly beefier diver and your wrist is over 7 inch, the Helson will be fine.

I own the Helson SM300 (blue dial) and a bunch of different NTH subs with my 7.5 inch wrist, I like them all.

Last edited by yankeexpress; 6 Days Ago at 08:50.
    sivart, Omegafanboy and boatswain like this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

Helson ;)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Both!

Damn nice collection.

I just got the full lume dial NTH Nacken. It wears like a pat of warm butter on the wrist and the lume does last all night.

I have also considered the Helson SM300.

Maybe some day...

Yankee pretty much nailed it, I think. I have a couple NTH subs, which are all pretty much the same watch, but with different dial and bezel configurations. And I have a Sharkmaster 300. They are also very nice watches with excellent lume. The Helson does wear a little bigger, but not tremendously so, and it's a more interesting case. Helson offers the SM300 in more dial varieties and the domed crystal is very cool. The NTH bracelet may be a touch nicer. I don't think you can make a mistake here. Here's a couple lume shots of the Helson and the NTH Skipjack which is similar to the Odin. Both are flame throwers.

Name:  IMG_20200323_223249035.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  2.23 MB

Name:  IMG_20200216_065627804.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  1.06 MB
    Last edited by slorollin; 6 Days Ago at 14:53.
    TheGanzman, qrocks and boatswain like this.
    The great Confucius said that he would rather be a profound political economist than chief of police.

In my experience, the lume on the Odin is much better than the one on the Helson. I was surprised by that since people had talked about how good the lume was in the Helson SM300. It was good but the Odin was much better.

The SM300 has the classic case design, the Odin has the standard NTH case. The SM300 has a small dial -- I don't know if that is accurate to the real thing or not, but the Odin has a bigger dial. I much preferred the bigger dial although I would have liked the SM300 case. The Odin has a flat sapphire, while the SM300 has a -- sapphire that protrudes -- not sure what to call it -- top hat?

All in all, after analyzing the two, I sold the SM300 and kept the Odin. YMMV.
    qrocks likes this.
    Seeking watch nirvana

I can’t imagine that the lume on either would be vastly superior to the other so follow your heart.
    boatswain likes this.

I sure do like my Sharkmaster 300! As someone who owned two Omega Seamaster 300's (the Watchco variants), I have to say that I GREATLY prefer the Helson - for one, I could get it in the Big Triangle version; two, it has drilled lugs; three, it has the wonderful workhouse ETA movement - hacking, and relatively easy to regulate. Here's my No Date (of course!) variant on a flat link bracelet from seller Squinky, an EXCELLENT copy of the original Omega bracelet from this era, which COULD have been an option on the civilian version of the Omega Big Triangle Seamaster 300. I wore it last night to bed, coincidentally - once "charged", the C3 luminous is VERY legible all night long, even on the bezel insert:
    Name:  normal_SeamasterB.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  43.5 KB
    boatswain likes this.

For the record, the Odin has a double domed sapphire crystal, not flat.

This is Chris, I own NTH (the brand), but I also owned a Helson Sharkmaster 300, which I thought was excellent for the money, and about as close to a real Omega SM300 as I'd ever get.

They're both great watches. The Odin is smaller and thinner than the Helson, which is closer to the original SM300 than the Odin, which is more of a hybrid of SM300/SMP and vintage Rolex sub.

Get whichever one speaks to you more. You really can't go wrong with either. Hope you love whichever you get.

PS - I posted my initial impressions of the Helson here - https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/he...l#post45772819

And here - https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/he...l#post45784911

Tapatalk is all natural. Wash in cold water and tumble dry on low heat. Some talk shrinking may occur.
    Last edited by docvail; 5 Days Ago at 05:08.
    slorollin and boatswain like this.
    This used to be my signature, but now it's just this generic drawing of a watch.

I'm not on social media 24/7. It’s not a good way to reach me for support, or for me to deliver it. In order to best serve my customers, and manage my time effectively, I have turned private messaging off. The best way to reach me is using the support page of my website. Thanks for understanding.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information