Helson vs Oris - Page 7
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Helson vs Oris

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Re: Helson vs Oris

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Jesus View Post
    Oris for me.

oris should be compared with other Swiss brands not Chinese crap like helson..
    Hey, hey. Watch the Chinese comment :)

Both are great for their respective price points, but I'd rather invest a little more for longer term satisfaction in Oris.
    ApexWildCard and Radar1 like this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by daschlag View Post
    Well, I now have a black on black Shark Diver 42 inbound, so in a few days I'll be able to give you a fair comparison. Pic stolen!

Attachment 3775866

Great now you have more crap like the rest of us in your box.

Congrats on your new HSD it is one of the best micro tool divers along with A1, Cave dweller, Meg and so on.

The Oris model and the Helson are stand alone in a collection so to compare or choose why? Just get both down the line or choose dress vs tool diver.

Last edited by ApexWildCard; April 26th, 2015 at 17:34.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by liwang22 View Post
    Hey, hey. Watch the Chinese comment :)

Both are great for their respective price points, but I'd rather invest a little more for longer term satisfaction in Oris.
    Baby Jesus did not mean nothin' by it he just calls em as he sees em'

I still wear my Shark Diver. The case shape makes the watch.

Name:  20140407_100442 (450x800).jpg
Views: 419
Size:  261.5 KBName:  20140403_162452 (450x800).jpg
Views: 420
Size:  233.0 KB

OP should have a look at the Certina DS Action as well.
    Last edited by ApexWildCard; April 26th, 2015 at 17:54.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
    Sneaky, huh?

They are beautiful watches for sure. Fit and finish is impeccable.
    Not even close to the top brands brother. I hate to say it but it is true. Better try one on before you by one.

You said the same thing about the Mido's you flipped.

Just tell the OP to go Oris vs Mido

Just save up or flip some and take the next step you really want to take here.

Last edited by ApexWildCard; April 26th, 2015 at 18:09.

I love my Oris Aquis 43mm and want to like the 40mm but honestly, at the 40mm proportions, I feel the bracelet appears too thin. The 43mm wears closer to a 41-42, it would seem that the 40mm wears closer to a 38-39. So that's something else to consider too. It's funny the level of "snobbery" some of the Oris fans are showing, considering Oris is not a horological heavy hitter by any means. They make wonderful affordable Swiss watches, their tag line is actually, "Real watches for real people." So its funny to see the dynamic developing here here. I don't even own a Helson but from what I've seen, they have a very similar ethos to that of Oris and their real watches for real people vibe. I've also read plenty of reviews written by Rolex Submariner owners who praise the Helson Shark Diver for being a great everyday watch and let's face it, the Oris is nice but its not meant to be a "Grail" watch either, its an extremely well executed everyday watch and that's what its meant to be. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by SDGenius; April 26th, 2015 at 18:11.
    Brellum - Monta - Sinn - Rado - Longines - Oris - Raymond Weil - Mido - Damasko - Eterna - Fortis - Beluga - Certina - Hamilton - Tissot - Edox - Christopher Ward - Seiko - Stowa - Ginault - Davosa - Squale - Zodiac - Zelos - Slow - Laco - Glycine - Nodus - Junkers - Dagaz - Raven - Armida - Bulova - Helson - Techné - Mercer - Victorinox - Braun - Orient - Marc & Sons - Onitsuka Tiger - Borealis - Smiths - Tiger Concepts - Nezumi Studios - Wancher - Invicta - Ticino - Tisell - Aramar - G-Shock - Meister - Timex

Banned

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by ApexWildCard View Post
    Really?

No, no! My eyes are bleeding!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "You want some respect? Go out and get it for yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by ApexWildCard View Post
    Not even close to the top brands brother. I hate to say it but it is true. Better try one on before you by one.

You said the same thing about the Mido's you flipped.

Just tell the OP to go Oris vs Mido

Just save up or flip some and take the next step you really want to take here.
    The Mido's are very nice. I bought two and kept one. That is hardly disparaging the brand. The Mido is a slight cut below the Oris, but still outstanding Swiss value. I can tell you that my Aquis Date isn't lights years off the Omega SMP I owned. You're selling it short. Don't mix up Lug Hate with an objective assessment of the quality involved.

The OP should buy what pulls him. I am not going to tell him what to do at all. I can only assure him that the Oris is a beautiful watch and the quality is more than adequate for a mid-level Swiss offering. Not even a fair comparison with Helson. The Oris isn't a Rolex? Guess what - the Helson isn't an Oris (or a Mido for that matter). If I am not mistaken you were asking me if getting an Oris was a good idea a couple of weeks back? Now they are junk?? What gives here? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
    ...The Oris isn't a Rolex? Guess what - the Helson isn't an Oris (or a Mido for that matter). If I am not mistaken you were asking me if getting an Oris was a good idea a couple of weeks back? Now they are junk?? What gives here? Lol.
    Lol indeed. Boiling it down and not diverting the OP's premise with recommendations for a Deep Blue, Helios, Tuna, Armida, Mido, etc.: the Helson is a solid representative of quality watches sold at that price point and has managed to achieve success in a market that is getting pretty crowded. Comparing it to an Oris though is bordering on silly. Different market, different movements, different level of fit and finish, and different dress styles. I'm betting that ultimately you'll end up with both. Ready to choose the first?
    Radar1, janiboi and yankeexpress like this.
    “I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.” Umberto Eco

Panerai * Rolex * Omega * Ball * AEgir * Mühle-Glashütte * Oris * Archimede * Seiko * Magrette * Padron

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information