Homage???
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Homage???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Homage???

I can accept a homage of an vintage out of production famous watch, outwith the reach of us mere mortals - but how can this Chinese CW be legal?? Where will this end??

Name:  apex.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  96.5 KB
    Synequano likes this.

Re: Homage???

Is this a new Ginault model? Just kidding!

Well if you read some of the threads here, it only matters on how well it's made, the price, and whether or not the CW model it apes is considered "affordable"...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

En cas d'absence, je ne suis pas là. Si vous n'êtes pas là non plus, il n'y a personne.

doesn't say 'CW' on the dial, nor does it have the opinion-dividing flag logo in relief,
    likely the work of a talented young artist, trying to make ends meet, who took the best aspects of the original and made the C65 cw never made.
    hand-made in Germany, but, due to having to import some of the elements, such as hairsprings for the proprietary movement, compliance with the overly strict rules wasn't possible.
    easily on par with offerings in the 4-8K bracket,
    the wise man's CW, for those who aren't buying brand names.

I have one incoming, but it looks so good I'm buying 10,
    just created this account yesterday because I'd love to hear your unbiased positive opinions
    Last edited by hugof3C; 4 Weeks Ago at 18:50.

Quote Originally Posted by hugof3C View Post
    doesn't say 'CW' on the dial, nor does it have the opinion-dividing flag logo in relief,
    likely the work of a talented young artist, trying to make ends meet, who took the best aspects of the original and made the C65 cw never made.
    hand-made in Germany, but, due to having to import some of the elements, such as hairsprings for the proprietary movement, compliance with the overly strict rules wasn't possible.

just created this account yesterday because I'd love to hear your opinions
    . Don't forget to mention how honest they are being by putting "China Made" on the dial, unlike those unscrupulous Swiss...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

With this, the CW and the Oris all at the same well one has to wonder just who is copying who.
    KiwiWomble and Synequano like this.

When will it end ? It's Chinese,so never ever.
    Steve0 likes this.

just created this account yesterday because I'd love to hear your unbiased positive opinions
    Not sure that's the point - I don't think it takes a 'talented young artist' to just copy something - although I know its hard to be original in the watch business. But if WR Watches has so much talent and quality and their watches so great (and they may be I don't know) why not come up with their own dial and 'look'. But of course why bother taking the time to set up a business and make a product, get a 'look', promote and build a business base and then try to compete with your product when you can just review the products that sell around the world and make a direct copies, knowing they will sell. There will always be those that buy. Would BMW put up with the Chinese making an exact copy of their cars just with a different badge - again it would sell of course. What will be the long term effect on euro/US companies in all industries? Or perhaps manufacturing/working class jobs don't matter....I wonder what will be said when middle class jobs start disappearing to China etc

Thats funny
    hugof3C and mike120 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoB View Post
    Is this a new Ginault model? Just kidding!

Thats funny
    mike120 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information