WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

How would you decide which one?

980 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  luxceleritas 
#1 ·
I typically wear a different watch each day. So With all these in your daily rotation how would you decide which one to wear each day?
View attachment 1019903

#6 ·
Man I love that Boschett!

#9 · (Edited)
I usually wear two watches a day, a work watch and afterwards one of my finest.

I base what I am going to wear on what I will be doing at work that day.

If I deem the activity "potentially watch hazardous", I will wear a tough, less expensive watch. The more hazardous, the cheaper the watch.

Here are some examples of when I wear a less expensive watch:

When I know I'm gonna be sticking my wrist in anchor winch. Just thinking about sticking my titanium Swiss Military CX 20,000 in that box of gears gives me the willies.

When welding. Slag on a watch is a HUGE bummer. I have burned down many a good watch.

When putting in engines boats. The first day I wore my NFW Viperfish to work I severely gouged three bracelet links on an engine block. Fortunately I had spares.

When I know I'm going down the hatch. You think regular doors are bad :)

It figures that my cheap watches go to the docks while my deep sea grails sit in the box.

My nice watches are the only things I have that are perfect and I enjoy enjoy keeping them that way.

I guess I'm just a big ol' WUS.

#12 ·
all your watches are the same type. big divers. you really only have the two blue and the rest black. not much basis for 'deciding' except personal taste. Now-if you had a mix of dressers, chronographs, dives, etc it might be a bit more fun then eenie, meenie....but as it stands-thats what I would do. And in my 25+ year watch collecting experience-99% of the people you meet everyday wont notice the difference except may if you wear black and then blue. People don't generally notice or comment on watches. Some do-not many tho. good luck

#13 ·
Actually the picture is of most of my divers. In total I have about 20-25 watches including Rolex, Omega, Luminox and others. These are just my latest purchases of tool style Divers I've been wearing in rotation. And as many are similar I do find it difficult to pick which one to wear in the morning. I have to say my favorites are the Harpoon, Armida, Orca and Recon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.