I just got 2 Invicta Pro Divers in. What is supposed to be bad about these? I love them.
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: I just got 2 Invicta Pro Divers in. What is supposed to be bad about these? I love them.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50
  1. #1
    Member Die_Superarmbanduhr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    104

    I just got 2 Invicta Pro Divers in. What is supposed to be bad about these? I love them.

    First, they first my wrist near perfectly.

    Second, they aren't completely parroting Rolex, because the bezel is..um...parroting Omega.

    Third, the Seiko movement is the same or better than my $300 dollar watches.

    Fourth, the quality of steel is not bad. Pretty solid, actually.

    Fifth, they are cheap enough that I am not concerned about banging them around. That peace of mind is nice.
    yankeexpress and wpbmike like this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ‘living with this clock, becoming accustomed to The Present, is an adventure. It’s an adventure in our perception of time’ (PSFK). Far from being a collusion with a device that ‘destroys humanity’, attending to clocks, seeking to know more about how they work, what forces have shaped them, and how they might be remade, can offer new horizons for exploring the possibilities of liberating time.




  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    138

    Re: I just got 2 Invicta Pro Divers in. What is supposed to be bad about these? I love them.

    Im not sure what is the question? Why you assume that something is wrong with your watches.

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    27

    Re: I just got 2 Invicta Pro Divers in. What is supposed to be bad about these? I love them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Die_Superarmbanduhr View Post
    First, they first my wrist near perfectly.

    Second, they aren't completely parroting Rolex, because the bezel is..um...parroting Omega.

    Third, the Seiko movement is the same or better than my $300 dollar watches.

    Fourth, the quality of steel is not bad. Pretty solid, actually.

    Fifth, they are cheap enough that I am not concerned about banging them around. That peace of mind is nice.
    Listen, if you like them that's all that matters. People will always have their opinions regarding different brands and styles. My coworker for example hates the seiko tunas and I think they look awesome. Different strokes for different folks. I also own a Invicta grand diver. Mine has the coin edge bezel like the Rolex subs. It's also 47mm I think? It's huge. Also has polished steel everywhere. To me it's too large, and too flashy. I enjoy tool watches with a brushed look that look like they are meant to do work. But that style is obviously not for everyone. Nor is invictas. That said I've heard of quality control issues with them and horrid customer service. But I have not had that issue. Mine works great? So idk. That being said if anyone wants a teal grand diver I'll sell it to you for far cheaper than what amazon is selling it for haha.

    Sent from my NX619J using Tapatalk

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Bob Dobbs needs Slack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    490

    Re: I just got 2 Invicta Pro Divers in. What is supposed to be bad about these? I love them.

    I've eyed the Titanium diver (0420 I think) several times... what has kept me from buying it is the little things that add up to 'pass'.
    Mineral crystal... not a fan. It would have scratches within days on my wrist.
    Lack of lume. Invicta would move up a few notches in my book if they stepped up the game there.
    The case is a bit over sized and I'm not entirely loving, or hating, the name engraved in the size of the case.

    For me... it's mainly a pass on the crystal and lume.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    27

    Re: I just got 2 Invicta Pro Divers in. What is supposed to be bad about these? I love them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dobbs needs Slack View Post
    I've eyed the Titanium diver (0420 I think) several times... what has kept me from buying it is the little things that add up to 'pass'.
    Mineral crystal... not a fan. It would have scratches within days on my wrist.
    Lack of lume. Invicta would move up a few notches in my book if they stepped up the game there.
    The case is a bit over sized and I'm not entirely loving, or hating, the name engraved in the size of the case.

    For me... it's mainly a pass on the crystal and lume.
    The crystal and lume are a big deal for me as well... More so the crystal. But that engraving on the side of the case is a bit garish. Ok, more than a bit... I hate it lol. Mine has that. The words "grand diver." Like I know what it is. Does everyone else need to??

    Sent from my NX619J using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    Member Watches503's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oakdale, CA
    Posts
    5,520

    Re: I just got 2 Invicta Pro Divers in. What is supposed to be bad about these? I love them.

    My dad’s wearing a white dial Pepsi bezel Pro Diver right now that I bought for him some 6-7yrs ago.

    They suck at customer service. I bought him a ceramic case and ceramic bracelet quartz watch like 8-9years ago for about $200 from Shop NBC. He one day shattered a link so he had to send it to Invicta for a super long wait and a charge of $170. I didn’t know about this before he sent it, sadly.

    That’s legal robbery.

    But the automatic Pro Diver value is pretty much impossible to beat really. Some go for like $60 brand new so I can’t imagine a better value.
    Instagram: @divers_mainly

  8. #7
    Member Die_Superarmbanduhr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    104

    Re: I just got 2 Invicta Pro Divers in. What is supposed to be bad about these? I love them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian cat View Post
    Im not sure what is the question? Why you assume that something is wrong with your watches.

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    People always say they are bad on Reddit, etc. General watch communities do not like Invicta. The core question, though, is in the title: "What is supposed to be bad about these?" independent of my personal assumptions, mostly.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ‘living with this clock, becoming accustomed to The Present, is an adventure. It’s an adventure in our perception of time’ (PSFK). Far from being a collusion with a device that ‘destroys humanity’, attending to clocks, seeking to know more about how they work, what forces have shaped them, and how they might be remade, can offer new horizons for exploring the possibilities of liberating time.




  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    138

    Re: I just got 2 Invicta Pro Divers in. What is supposed to be bad about these? I love them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Die_Superarmbanduhr View Post
    People always say they are bad on Reddit, etc. General watch communities do not like Invicta. The core question, though, is in the title: "What is supposed to be bad about these?" independent of my personal assumptions, mostly.
    What do you care about if you like it?
    Watch expirience is very personal and what is good for you is not nessesary good for others.

    Value of watch based on so many considerations. 1000 pros and cons...
    You obviously had your reasons to buy it.
    Just remember them...

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    Member Die_Superarmbanduhr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    104

    Re: I just got 2 Invicta Pro Divers in. What is supposed to be bad about these? I love them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian cat View Post
    What do you care about if you like it?
    Watch expirience is very personal and what is good for you is not nessesary good for others.

    Value of watch based on so many considerations. 1000 pros and cons...
    You obviously had your reasons to buy it.
    Just remember them...

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Well, when researching it is important to consider the anecdotal literature. If people are collectively complaining, there is usually at least slight merit to their grievance.
    I am mostly pooling the general experiences here and synthesizing the Watchuseek opinions; this is under the assumption the Watchuseek users have more knowledge and experience with dive watches.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ‘living with this clock, becoming accustomed to The Present, is an adventure. It’s an adventure in our perception of time’ (PSFK). Far from being a collusion with a device that ‘destroys humanity’, attending to clocks, seeking to know more about how they work, what forces have shaped them, and how they might be remade, can offer new horizons for exploring the possibilities of liberating time.




  11. #10
    Member Dark Overlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,282

    Re: I just got 2 Invicta Pro Divers in. What is supposed to be bad about these? I love them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Die_Superarmbanduhr View Post
    First, they first my wrist near perfectly.

    Second, they aren't completely parroting Rolex, because the bezel is..um...parroting Omega.

    Third, the Seiko movement is the same or better than my $300 dollar watches.

    Fourth, the quality of steel is not bad. Pretty solid, actually.

    Fifth, they are cheap enough that I am not concerned about banging them around. That peace of mind is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Die_Superarmbanduhr View Post
    People always say they are bad on Reddit, etc. General watch communities do not like Invicta. The core question, though, is in the title: "What is supposed to be bad about these?" independent of my personal assumptions, mostly.
    People tend to not like their sizes, and sales tactics (ie: being a TV brand- which they aren't really but because their so high profile on Evine that's what people see) If you like their designs there is nothing at all wrong with Invicta watches and frankly their original designs can be pretty cool, esp if you like large watches.

    Not everything is perfect about the watches or the company but you could say that for pretty much every company, esp large ones. If you like the designs enjoy them and ignore the noise.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •