IWC AT 2000 3568 vs. UN MMD (help me decide)
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: IWC AT 2000 3568 vs. UN MMD (help me decide)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question IWC AT 2000 3568 vs. UN MMD (help me decide)

When I last was into watches about a decade ago, it was these two watches that I really wanted. Now that I was bitten by some watch bug out of the blue and going through what's available, I'm drawn into these again. Today's not the day to get them both so it's decision time. I'd like to hear any opinions you might have.

IWC would be white dial, UN maybe Blue Surf altough I like the orange one too.

I've grown to like watches slightly bigger and bold so that's not an issue. I wear them carelessly so IWC's higher beatability is nice thing, I'd buy rubber strap for it too. IWC is also slightly cheaper in used market (3800-4200$ vs. 4500-5000$?) and easier to find.

On the other hand, I already have IWC Ingenieur 3227-01 with quite similar bracelet so UN would be more different. Going against UN is my Chopard Pro One so I have a desktop diver covered quite well.
    hugof3C likes this.

En cas d'absence, je ne suis pas là. Si vous n'êtes pas là non plus, il n'y a personne.

Re: IWC AT 2000 3568 vs. UN MMD (help me decide)

the Aquatimer is due for a new iteration any day now,
    should they apply the 'innie/outie' rule, the next one should have an outer bezel.
    no info on how long, pricing, anything, sorry,
    but it might be worth the wait.
    also, I've lost count of how many versions UN's making of that one,
    if you've just felt the calling, don't rush,
    there's a lot of options for that kind of money.

my advice would be to entertain yourself looking for the perfect strap for the pro one (love that one) while deciding on what's next
    Co-re likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hugof3C View Post
    the Aquatimer is due for a new iteration any day now,
    should they apply the 'innie/outie' rule, the next one should have an outer bezel.
    no info on how long, pricing, anything, sorry,
    but it might be worth the wait.
    also, I've lost count of how many versions UN's making of that one,
    if you've just felt the calling, don't rush,
    there's a lot of options for that kind of money.

my advice would be to entertain yourself looking for the perfect strap for the pro one (love that one) while deciding on what's next
    Thanks, didn't know that. I've been out so long and figured the inner bezel AT was quite new with the inner bezel AT 2000 titanium preceding it.

However, I think new and unused is out of the quotation as I like to have the major depreciation done and new ones tend to cost more and more. Also these two have been my major attractions for so long that I think nothing changes it easily ;)

That being said, I feel I'm tilting towards IWC. UN is really quite reduntant with Pro One. I wish I had a bracelet for it but have tried plenty of straps and settled with the original.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

En cas d'absence, je ne suis pas là. Si vous n'êtes pas là non plus, il n'y a personne.

Quote Originally Posted by Co-re View Post
    Thanks, didn't know that. I've been out so long and figured the inner bezel AT was quite new with the inner bezel AT 2000 titanium preceding it.

However, I think new and unused is out of the quotation as I like to have the major depreciation done and new ones tend to cost more and more. Also these two have been my major attractions for so long that I think nothing changes it easily ;)

That being said, I feel I'm tilting towards IWC. UN is really quite reduntant with Pro One. I wish I had a bracelet for it but have tried plenty of straps and settled with the original.
    ah, not new,
    hurry up, then, those Aquatimers still come up unused from time to time on grey market, at little over used prices.
    I own 2 3536, as divers, it's a completely different feel from any UN,
    and, if you're a bracelete man, you've already got the only nagging point of the iwc covered,
    expecting pics

Actually more into straps but after buying Pro One without bracelet, I've learned my lesson :D

Aftermarket strap is affordable if still robbery but bracelets can cost half of the second hand watch price...
    hugof3C and Synequano like this.

It’s the UN that really appeals to me.

I’m an IWC fan and I’ve owned a few of their watches, so that would be my vote. I’ve never been disappointed with any of their watches, the designs are pure and businesslike. Very functional and German feeling for a Swiss company. I like the pure modern styling of the IWC and nothing about it looks out of place or poorly implemented.

The UN has a strange mix of vintage font and subsecond layout, cartoonish looking dial waves, and mixed plastic/metal bracelet. It’s like 3 different designers each contributed to it, an old man who carried a pocket watch, a designer from Casio, and a Disney illustrator. Nothing about it looks right to me.

I’m this comparison IWC for me all day long.
    Londonboy and Synequano like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hugof3C View Post
    and, if you're a bracelete man, you've already got the only nagging point of the iwc covered,
    What was that about btw? Some issues with IWC rubber straps? I only have the official strap for 3227-01 but it hasn't seen much use since I bought few custom made ones. However I love the Ingenieur bracelet.

I think this choice depends on what you are buying this for. Do you want a real dive watch (IWC) or do you want a flashy highend horological wannabe dive watch (UN or Chopard). Are you actually a diver? I have looked at each of these watches and they are all nice watches, but I would never put the UN in the water and probably not even the Chopard. I would dive the .... out of the IWC.
    Co-re likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceWatch View Post
    I think this choice depends on what you are buying this for. Do you want a real dive watch (IWC) or do you want a flashy highend horological wannabe dive watch (UN or Chopard). Are you actually a diver? I have looked at each of these watches and they are all nice watches, but I would never put the UN in the water and probably not even the Chopard. I would dive the .... out of the IWC.
    Yeah I guess this is what will make AT my choice. I like it careless and while I've been swimming with Pro One, that was only during the service warranty. I guess I'd still do that rather than leave it in a locker though.

UN looks great but it'd compete for the limited wrist time with the Pro One. And in the end I find Chopard horologically more interesting with its manufacture movement with micro rotor and 72h reserve (as of those really mattered).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information