A list of Dive watches that Goldilocks would like (not too big, not too boring, just right)
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: A list of Dive watches that Goldilocks would like (not too big, not too boring, just right)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A list of Dive watches that Goldilocks would like (not too big, not too boring, just right)

In pictures I've never been that attracted to dive watches. I bought an Orient Mako II anyway as a cheap way to get a fun new watch for a beach vacation. I find myself wearing it much more than I expect and have come to a higher appreciation of the genre. I'm now looking for a second somewhat nicer (though not too nice!) dive watch as an upgrade. The problem is there are so many watches and I don't like most of them! Help me narrow things down.

First, the crucial stats:
    Must be <49mm L2L (probably 41ish diameter max)
    Must have sapphire crystal
    Must be <$1k
    Must still be available for sale (I've found plenty that are sold out or out of production that I like)

That still leaves a lot out there, right? I don't think I want a Submariner ripoff or a Seiko. I also don't want anything too crazy. I like the Halios Seaforth and the Hamntun H2, as examples of where in between boring and crazy I lie (unfortunately neither is available for sale). I'm good with the standard black colorway, but also would consider a while dial and black bezel.
    Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic / Seiko Alpinist SARB017 / Detroit Watch Co. B-24 Liberator / NTH Nacken Modern Black / Orient Mako II / Tissot PR100 Automati

Re: A list of Dive watches that Goldilocks would like (not too big, not too boring, just right)

Squale 1521 50 atmos. Great case design, a classic case maker. checks all your boxes
    Christopher Ward Trident C60 (newest model comes in 40mm and 38mm dia) 40mm dia hits all your marks
    H2O 40mm Marlin, hits all marks but the lug to lug is 51mm. Highly customizable
    Zelos Swordfish (currenlty only available with a meteorite dial) and when the Mako becomes available again.

Re: A list of Dive watches that Goldilocks would like (not too big, not too boring, just right)

Maybe an Oris 65?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Name:  4838B315-64A4-4A08-B150-03C425E17DAA.jpeg
Views: 88
Size:  1.19 MB
    BrianMcKay likes this.
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

Check out the Christopher Ward C65 trident automatic.

Name:  Zodiacs.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  538.0 KB
    rafy1 and BigBluefish like this.

R1P

Scurfa Diver One

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    phubbard and brandon\ like this.

+1 on the Squale 1521 50 Atmos

My 41mm Hydroconquest also fits the bill nicely.

Bosman likes this.
    Al

Current:
    Doxa 1200T Sharkhunter
    Damasko DS30Y
    Longines Hydroconquest 41
    Smiths PRS-25 (40 mm)
    Accutron Silver Eagle Chrono
    Squale 1521
    Seiko 7n36

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Overlord View Post
    Squale 1521 50 atmos. Great case design, a classic case maker. checks all your boxes
    Christopher Ward Trident C60 (newest model comes in 40mm and 38mm dia) 40mm dia hits all your marks
    H2O 40mm Marlin, hits all marks but the lug to lug is 51mm. Highly customizable
    Zelos Swordfish (currenlty only available with a meteorite dial) and when the Mako becomes available again.
    The 50 Atmos is the first one that came to my mind. It fits great.
    Dark Overlord likes this.

From micros:

Traska Freediver
    Baltic Aquascaphe
    Meraud Bonaire

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information