Magrette vs Seko Turtle
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Magrette vs Seko Turtle

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Magrette vs Seko Turtle

Thinking of getting a new watch thanks to the taxman giving me some of my money back.

I've long liked the Magrette line, but the yellow moana professional wasn't my cup of tea (not a fan of yellow in general). That of course changed with yesterday's announcement, however I've never owned a titanium watch, so not sure if I'd like it?

The other option is the Seiko SRP777. Classic looks, steel case, but the qc seems sometimes a little iffy, especially on the chapter ring.

The Magrette is of course a limited run whereas I think the Seiko's going to hang around for a while - but correct me if I'm wrong there.

Prices are roughly similar, although the GBP isn't great at the moment for political reasons probably best not to dwell on here.

And, finally, the Magrette's not expected to ship until late Oct, which is a while away whereas I could get the Seiko in a day or two (maybe the answer is both then?)

I tend to prefer lower watches - I've got an Omega PO 2500, and a Seamaster GMT, neither of which are especially tall.

So, what says the hivemind?

Re: Magrette vs Seko Turtle

Not sure about the other bbrand but I've had lots of experience with seiko srp7×× series. Be aware the case is 45mm, it does wear a little smaller but still a large watch. As for qc, if you can it's best to pick one up in store so you can check for bezel alignment etc. Otherwise its luck of the draw. If you like the srp777 check out the smaller brother srpc35. Its 42.3 mm, wears much better imo.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

The Hivemind says - "Pics would be nice."
    Seulement, il faut du temps pour être heureux. Beaucoup de temps. Le bonheur lui aussi est une longue patience. - Only, it takes time to be happy. A lot of time. Happiness, too, is a long patience.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd go Magrette, but I'm biased. Based on looks alone, Magrette is the winner. It doesn't look like dozens of other divers with round indices, which I'm not a fan of. With that said, all Magrettes models look very similar. I have nothing against Seiko. I have a SKX799 Black Monster that started my decline into becoming a WIS.

Name:  MPD II.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  44.5 KB

That Magrette is a good looking watch.
    BrianMcKay likes this.

Here is my reply to you. I have been a Seiko lover for many years and always will be one. The QC of the SRP777 is the same as the rest of their divers so don't let that thwart your choice, I have a 777 and it is one sleek a_s looking diver. In fact I love the re-issue Turtles so much that I have 3 of them and am very happy with them. I will however tell you that some time ago I also had to wait on a Magrette and I had a deposit on one and I became very impatient and took the partial payment off of it and have regretted it since. You said it yourself the SRP777 will be around for some time, you could always get it later. But if you like the Magrette put those funds down for them to hold it till October, trust me I should have followed through and instead backed out because I was impatient. I hope this has been helpful to you. Keep us posted please.

My answer: SRP775. The gold accents really jazz the whole thing up.

Name:  IMG_20190531_023051815_HDR~01_1559262872453.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  439.5 KB
    nburke likes this.

I do like that Magrette! The Ti version would be the bees knees.
    Longstride.

Anonimo/Sinn/Kobold/O&W
    CWC/Rolex/MKII/Seiko/Fortis

I may be biased as well...

Name:  IMG_2156.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  501.8 KB

However my experience with Magrette has been fantastic. The quality of the watch is amazing. The stock rubber strap is extremely comfortable. On top of all that, it is keeping great time. I don’t have a fancy time measure thingy, but checking it against my phone, it is right on track.

As previously mentioned, it is a unique look and a limited run. I will be getting another Magrette in the near future.

Wear what you like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nburke and BrianMcKay like this.

If you’re worried about going titanium then don’t be. The size of divers generally makes the weight issue that is often associated with titanium watches he’s a bit of a non starter
    BrianMcKay likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information