Merkur MM comes up with 9015Movt seiko SBDX001 homage
Like Tree1476Likes

Thread: Merkur MM comes up with 9015Movt seiko SBDX001 homage

Page 1 of 146 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    Banned
    c5k0 likes this.

Re: Merkur MM comes up with 9015Movt seiko SBDX001 homage

deleted
    Last edited by TexasTaucher; April 17th, 2017 at 16:51.
    SEIKO/ROLEX/OMEGA

Banned

me too....
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTaucher View Post
    why oh why am i tempted by this? 9015 for under 300. I mean that alone might be worth it.
    crt43 and SamaelStrings like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Same dimensions, 9015, with sapphire at one-fifth the price of one of the top 5 dive watch icons = controversy.

The China-based seller states that it should be ready by end of May but adds there may be delays. Good thing he added that. He should know as well as anyone that there has never been a watch produced on time in China. The second picture of the watch with a broken crown in the background isn't too inspiring - they might want to change that one.

If what happened to Rolex is any indicator, they wont be able to keep up with demand - for better or worse.
    Last edited by GunWale; April 17th, 2017 at 11:17.
    ~Citizen~Seiko~Orient~Korsbek~Doxa~Sinn~Stowa~

"You can buy more watches but not more time" --Plato
    "Bullxxxt !! You can buy more time by buying more watches !" --Einstein.

This thing where people are saying it's got a sapphire crystal oh my god it's got to be better than the seiko at a fraction of the price is quite frankly retarded

I own a seiko mm300 and I can see the appeal in this homage but I would have to question what kind of factory and working conditions are to make what looks like a lot of watch for that money ...slave labour?? This is even before ,shipping ,profit and materials

each to their own what I say is going to make no relevance if you buy or not
    tbh wus has gone down hill for a long time in my opinion and this doesn't help one of the reasons I hardly post anymore
    Inq, IPA, ronnie.mckinney2 and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynuts View Post
    This thing where people are saying it's got a sapphire crystal oh my god it's got to be better than the seiko at a fraction of the price is quite frankly retarded

I own a seiko mm300 and I can see the appeal in this homage but I would have to question what kind of factory and working conditions are to make what looks like a lot of watch for that money ...slave labour?? This is even before ,shipping ,profit and materials

each to their own what I say is going to make no relevance if you buy or not
    tbh wus has gone down hill for a long time in my opinion and this doesn't help one of the reasons I hardly post anymore
    I see your arguments, but I'll play the other side of this one. I have pre-ordered this watch and I look forward to seeing how it turns out. The Sharkey Tuna is pretty awesome and by the same maker, so I expect this to be of solid quality.

To speak to your arguments about the conditions I which the watch was manufactured, I can't speak to that or any other product produced in another country (specifically China). I think (opinion) that this just shows the real cost of a solid watch (SS case/bracelet, automatic mov., sapphire crystal, and ceramic bezel) and that the industry as a whole has been inflating their costs. I get that brands are expensive to maintain: R&D, advertising, retail spaces, etc..., but I think with some of these smaller/micro makers we are seeing a shift in Watch producing and overall costs.

That all being said I am super pumped to get an homage (ripoff) with some upgraded aspects at a fraction of the price of the original. I know that I probably will never to hold in my hand an actual SBDX001 without buying it first, so this will scratch that itch and maybe 2-3 years down the road my finances clear up enough to get the real thing.

Peace!

Sent from a magical unicorn.

Something about both of these feels like......

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=3724906

Inq, IPA and Laso1 like this.

Banned

actually sharkey and Merkur is different factory. you can see the picture from Sharkey MM. from the pictures. i dare to say that merkur is much much higher than Sharkey MM.

lets wait for it. i ordered too.
    Quote Originally Posted by surrealblu View Post
    I see your arguments, but I'll play the other side of this one. I have pre-ordered this watch and I look forward to seeing how it turns out. The Sharkey Tuna is pretty awesome and by the same maker, so I expect this to be of solid quality.

To speak to your arguments about the conditions I which the watch was manufactured, I can't speak to that or any other product produced in another country (specifically China). I think (opinion) that this just shows the real cost of a solid watch (SS case/bracelet, automatic mov., sapphire crystal, and ceramic bezel) and that the industry as a whole has been inflating their costs. I get that brands are expensive to maintain: R&D, advertising, retail spaces, etc..., but I think with some of these smaller/micro makers we are seeing a shift in Watch producing and overall costs.

That all being said I am super pumped to get an homage (ripoff) with some upgraded aspects at a fraction of the price of the original. I know that I probably will never to hold in my hand an actual SBDX001 without buying it first, so this will scratch that itch and maybe 2-3 years down the road my finances clear up enough to get the real thing.

Peace!

Banned

Bro. Name:  1138357401_zpsgecpsaxz.jpg
Views: 10321
Size:  171.8 KBName:  -4cf43a6e3609f77c_zpsuaday7bq.jpg
Views: 10309
Size:  165.2 KB

i think its not a broken crown. its just the crown without stem...

see difference from Merkur and Sharkey?

Quote Originally Posted by guijizhupiw View Post
    Bro. Name:  1138357401_zpsgecpsaxz.jpg
Views: 10321
Size:  171.8 KBName:  -4cf43a6e3609f77c_zpsuaday7bq.jpg
Views: 10309
Size:  165.2 KB

i think its not a broken crown. its just the crown without stem...

see difference from Merkur and Sharkey?
    I can't really tell the difference in those picture. I was under the impression all of these MM300 homages are from one factory.

I ordered the Merkur because I got a Sharkey Tuna from the same seller and I was impressed.

watchustebbing and drwindsurf like this.

Page 1 of 146 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread Information