Monta Skyquest on Ginault Bracelet
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Monta Skyquest on Ginault Bracelet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I have been experimenting putting different bracelets on my Monta Skyquest since it does not have the glide-lock clasp like the Oceanking. Through recommendations from a fellow member I recently found out that the Ginault bracelet fits perfectly with no gap issues. Been looking for jubilee bracelet which will perfectly fit this model. I have tried the Hadley Roma MB4216 which fit my seaforth but it won't got the Monta. If anyone has ever tried or know of a specific model please let me know.
    Name:  MVIMG_20200219_135013.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  1.26 MBName:  IMG_20200219_143605.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  4.57 MB

The Ginault is a perfect fit for the entire Monta catalog. Here’s my Ocean King 2 with one. As for Jubilee it’s going to be hard as there are so many ones on eBay/Ali express.

Subscribed to see what’s up because I love options!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Monta Skyquest on Ginault Bracelet

Very nice as I see you did the same. Have you tried it on a Jubilee bracelet? I asked this question but was only given a generic answer as in any submariner bracelet will fit..I put the Ginault bracelet on my Seaforth and Monta and it fit perfectly so I figured it would be the same with any other bracelet. I tried my Hadley Jubilee and while it fit my Seaforth it did go to well on my Monta which is why I am wondering if anyone has experimented or know of a specific bracelet with perfect fit like the Ginault.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Monta uses the exact same lug geometry (spring bar hole placement, lug width) as the Rolex Submariner, so any bracelet with fitted links designed to fit a Sub will fit perfectly. The Ginault copies the 5-digit Submariner case, including the bracelet endlinks, so no surprise that Ginault's bracelet fits the Monta perfectly.
    Uberscreamer and praetor47 like this.
    Powered by 1.21 Gigawatts

Quote Originally Posted by MX793 View Post
    Monta uses the exact same lug geometry (spring bar hole placement, lug width) as the Rolex Submariner, so any bracelet with fitted links designed to fit a Sub will fit perfectly. The Ginault copies the 5-digit Submariner case, including the bracelet endlinks, so no surprise that Ginault's bracelet fits the Monta perfectly.
    Thank you for the explanation. Do you know of any specific or excellent aftermarket brands for the fitted jubilee? If not I just have to go the generic route and source one on Ebay.

I'm not sure about finding a Jubilee style bracelet for it, but since Ginault / Monta / NTH watch lugs are all direct spec'd copies of the Rolex Subs, the Beads of Rice bracelet that recently came out for the NTH Sub models should look amazing on the Skyquest, as far as I'm concerned...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    djpharoah and cdnguyen729 like this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MX793 View Post
    Is it just the lug geometry? I always thought Monta's midcase/s are based on Rolex Sub and exploer II specs, and they just shave off or putty on to different parts of the case to make the case appear differently.

I think Halios SF also follow that exact same design concept for their midcases as well. I could be wrong.
    praetor47 likes this.

But the Monta has a really great bracelet as it is. Why switch?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhorya View Post
    But the Monta has a really great bracelet as it is. Why switch?
    Dont get me wrong I do love the Monta bracelet but sometimes feel it is too flat under the clasp. The ginault bracelet curves to the wrist and feels way more comfortable for my wrist size.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTC View Post
    Is it just the lug geometry? I always thought Monta's midcase/s are based on Rolex Sub and exploer II specs, and they just shave off or putty on to different parts of the case to make the case appear differently.

I think Halios SF also follow that exact same design concept for their midcases as well. I could be wrong.
    The OK and SQ have a longer L2L and the midcase is slightly larger than the Sub, so not a copy of Sub midcase geometry.
    praetor47 likes this.