My ode to the Doxa SUB 5000T
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By iinsic
  • 1 Post By Rusty_Shakleford
  • 1 Post By Jack Carver

Thread: My ode to the Doxa SUB 5000T

My ode to the Doxa SUB 5000T

Datejust 116233 • Datejust 16233 • Ω SMPc 212.30.36.20.01.002 • DOXA SUB1000T Project Aware 23/92 • T035.410.11.051.00

Re: My ode to the Doxa SUB 5000T

Very cool blog - all your own photography? Cushion-case is not my thing at all, but every time I see a photo of a Doxa I like it a little more - maybe I'm slowly being converted :D

I'm looking forward to the LM-5 post, as I have been thinking about a Fifty Fathoms homage lately!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Carver View Post
    Very cool blog - all your own photography? Cushion-case is not my thing at all, but every time I see a photo of a Doxa I like it a little more - maybe I'm slowly being converted :D

I'm looking forward to the LM-5 post, as I have been thinking about a Fifty Fathoms homage lately!
    Thanks! Yes, it's all my photography. I did not want to do a blog that was all company-provided studio photographs. I'd rather do three-five articles a month that are based on my personal evaluation than one a day based on a press release.

I hope to receive the LM-5 sometime this week, so expect that eval to appear in the next couple of weeks. While Mitch is quick to point out that the LM-5 is not an homage - and it certainly has many aspects that are original, based on his design - it does bear more than a passing resemblance to the BP FF, only in a more practical 42mm diameter. Like you, I'm looking forward to seeing it firsthand and putting it through its paces.

I think cushion cases are most appealing to geezers like myself, who started diving back in the heyday of the 60s (before Jacques Cousteau was a household word), or to watch aficionados who really go for the retro look. The shorter lug-to-lug of most cushion cases make them a lot more wearable for smaller wrists than, say, a PO XL.
    Datejust 116233 • Datejust 16233 • Ω SMPc 212.30.36.20.01.002 • DOXA SUB1000T Project Aware 23/92 • T035.410.11.051.00

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A fair summary of many Doxa owner's difficult choice of the classic size versus the more modern sized case. I agree that the 5000T bracelet is one of the, if the, most comfortable bracelets I have ever wore. I hope to see that design carried over to future models. Of course, we are in a good time right now for the variety in the current lineup. There are three bracelets and four case sizes to choose from.

I'm sure that we will see you back in the Doxa club soon Rob.

RS
    iinsic likes this.

Follow Me

Sounds good to me - can always hit up google for photos, but reading about actual wrist-time is far more interesting.

And yes, I'm part of the younger demographic here, so no 60s nostalgia for me. But I do have a smaller wrist, so who knows, maybe a cushion case is in my future somewhere!
    iinsic likes this.

Really liking your blog, Rob! And no question that the 5000T is a winner. I still have three Doxas, all orange. But every time I see those 5000 Sharky pics, I feel the pull of another.

Keep the blogs coming!

Deacon

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon211 View Post
    Really liking your blog, Rob! And no question that the 5000T is a winner. I still have three Doxas, all orange. But every time I see those 5000 Sharky pics, I feel the pull of another.

Keep the blogs coming!

Deacon
    Thanks! I will. In fact, I would love to do a "shoot out" underwater eval of the 1200T, Sub-C, PO and SMP (and perhaps whichever Seiko is in that same 40-42mm size range ... Suggestions, anyone?). It might be time to give the "smaller" Doxa another look.

Rob

Thread Information