My quest to find a perfect bracelet on my new arrival (crux content)

Thread: My quest to find a perfect bracelet on my new arrival (crux content)

My quest to find a perfect bracelet on my new arrival (crux content)

So I picked up Crux not too long ago here and I liked everything about the watch except its lack of bracelet.
    While considering various options for bracelet I came across a sale post for SAS bracelet and based on my research it would be perfect fit once swapping to 1.5mm lug bars, but unfortunately that wasn't quite the case... So I ended up with a bracelet that would look awesome on my Crux but simply not compatible because lug length of Crux was too short for this bracelet. After debating whether to sell the bracelet on sales forum, I decided to grind end links of SAS bracelet to fit on my Crux.

So this is what end link looked like on the watch originally, way off

After grinding end link using dremel for 3.5 hours, it's almost there..

Clearly end link does not fit flush yet

Unfortunately I ran out of time even before finishing one end link but hopefully I will finish them by tonight!!
    I will be sure to post final version once completed!

By the way, does anyone know which grinding bit will work the best for dremel to do this?
    Last edited by katiedaddy; February 1st, 2012 at 09:09.

Re: My quest to find a perfect bracelet on my new arrival (crux content)

Silly Question but why not jsut by a SAS on a Bracelet watches are so close the could be twins if ya removed the Dial :)

Re: My quest to find a perfect bracelet on my new arrival (crux content)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjamesdean View Post
    Silly Question but why not jsut by a SAS on a Bracelet watches are so close the could be twins if ya removed the Dial :)
    I kept telling myself last night.. But I originally bought Crux to fit it with mesh bracelet but seeing SAS bracelet for sale following day I had to pull the trigger since I saw in another forum that they have exactly identical case except location of lug hole which made me believe they would be perfect match if paired with thinner lug bars... But I was wrong!! So here I am grinding end link until 3 AM while still have to go to work by 10 AM...

Thread Information