New Precista PRS-50 - Page 7

Thread: New Precista PRS-50

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: New Precista PRS-50

Vinylgreek - awesome pics, awesome watch:)

Thanks Marcel. I need to practice so I can do as well as some of the other posters.
    I know nothing except the fact of my own ignorance. Socrates

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Crue4 View Post
    I am for sure! ... well the only thing that would cause me to second guess would be if he uses acrylic and not sapphire..
    I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the watch will be fitted with an acrylic crystal, as requested by numerous customers lookin' for a more legitimate homage based on the true specifications of the original inspiration. However, this new edition can be retrofitted with a sapphire crystal upon request at purchase. The site doesn't elaborate on how to properly go about asking for this change, but I'd guess that a simple emailed request upon purchase would suffice. One thing to keep in mind is that even if you do have the piece sapphired, the bezel insert is still acrylic, I believe, and I'm not quite sure if the original PRS-50 used sapphire bezel inserts or not, but that might be something to also inquire about. The retrofitting might include that piece, but I doubt it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The original PRS-50 has an acrylic insert and sapphire crystal, the new one is acrylic for both. Since the case is the same, bezels and crystals can be swapped. I don't believe Eddie will do this, but he could probably help arrange it when you order. A few comparison photos:

"Deeds, not words, shall speak me." - John Fletcher

The replacement sapphire crystal would need to be domed to accomodate the height of hands of the 50B. That is according to a post by Eddie on TZ-UK, unless I misread it.
    I know nothing except the fact of my own ignorance. Socrates

That's correct, just had a look over there. So the domed acrylic of the PRS-50b will fit the original PRS-50, and one would need a domed sapphire for the PRS-50b. Eddie notes that he has contacted Roland about a domed sapphire for the 50b.
    "Deeds, not words, shall speak me." - John Fletcher

Just pulled the trigger on one of these, and asked Eddie about the status of the domed sapphire crystal. Hopefully he has something worked out with Roland on the conversion.

Will post an update if I find out anything new based on Eddie's response.
    Precista PRS-50
    Breitling Colt
    Laco WUS LE Type B
    Seiko White Samauri

Quote Originally Posted by Nalu View Post
    The original PRS-50 has an acrylic insert and sapphire crystal, the new one is acrylic for both. Since the case is the same, bezels and crystals can be swapped. I don't believe Eddie will do this, but he could probably help arrange it when you order. A few comparison photos:

My Watchbox census rule has me sitting this one out, despite being a former PRS-50 owner, but the dial on the 'B' appears deeper, perhaps due to the applied markers, suffices to say, Colin's pictures steal the show again. Gorgeous Sir, truly.
    “Watch fanatic? Hardly, I’m more of a watch strap junkie that owns a couple watches.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nalu View Post
    That's correct, just had a look over there. So the domed acrylic of the PRS-50b will fit the original PRS-50, and one would need a domed sapphire for the PRS-50b. Eddie notes that he has contacted Roland about a domed sapphire for the 50b.
    Doesn't look like a sapphire crystal will happen any time soon for the 50B. Eddie just shipped out my order, and stated he received a quote of $350 for one.
    Precista PRS-50
    Breitling Colt
    Laco WUS LE Type B
    Seiko White Samauri

Incoming! Precista PRS-50

I traded my PRS-14 for one. What do you think of this trade? Will be getting it soon hopefully and will post pics.

Thanks,

Dan

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information