New Precista PRS-50 - Page 9

Thread: New Precista PRS-50

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Re: New Precista PRS-50

Well I just received #145 out of 200 so Eddie still has a few of these left in stock if he is going in numerical order. This is a very SWEET watch, and I am very happy with it. Ordered an Omega mesh for it, although the stock rubber strap is very nice.

In terms of sapphire crystal pricing I looked at a new sapphire sandwich dial Monoco today, and my AD said the upgrade added 1K to the price which I thought was crazy.
    Precista PRS-50
    Breitling Colt
    Laco WUS LE Type B
    Seiko White Samauri

I really like these. Anyone care to PM me how much $ you had to pay for yours? I went to presistas website and made an inquiry but haven't heard any response yet. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Redsnake View Post
    I really like these. Anyone care to PM me how much $ you had to pay for yours? I went to presistas website and made an inquiry but haven't heard any response yet. Thx
    Read the thread...395GBP or approx $650 USD. It is also published very clearly on the website below the description of the watch!
    "Find the little bastards......and then pile on!" Maj Gen George S Patton IV

Honored & Proud Member, "G5" (Disdained by the intellectually dishonest!)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

just got mine today , my first from eddie, very nicely made piece!

Picked up mine on Monday… big… yet comfortable

The only advantage I see (for me) with the MKII variation is the date. I REALLY wish the PRS-50 came with a black date wheel in the 4 o'clock position!

Quote Originally Posted by bourmb View Post
    The only advantage I see (for me) with the MKII variation is the date. I REALLY wish the PRS-50 came with a black date wheel in the 4 o'clock position!
    That's my take exactly. I really like both of these but the date has me leaning towards the MKII variation.

Whether or not it's closer to the Gen BK FF... it's just my preference for the date.

However, the acrylic bezel on the Precista makes it a draw...

Quote Originally Posted by Nalu View Post
    The original PRS-50 has an acrylic insert and sapphire crystal, the new one is acrylic for both. Since the case is the same, bezels and crystals can be swapped. I don't believe Eddie will do this, but he could probably help arrange it when you order. A few comparison photos:

Those are some awesome photos of a pair of lovely watches. I can see how you have a problem choosing a favorite. If I could ask a question. On the "original" the bezel insert appears to be "dommed" while the crystal is flat. But on the PRS-50B while the crystal is steeply dommed, the insert appears "flat" is this correct are just the way my eyes are seeing the photo?

Thank you

Randy, that's correct. Eddie decided to swap the flat/dome configuration around to further differentiate the watches. It just so happens that the LIP Fifty Fathoms which inspired the 50B has the flat bezel/domed acrylic.

As for the date, there are lots of watches out their with a date. Eddie tried several dials with the date in different positions, but each one destroyed the symmetry of this dial. One possible answer was a date at 6, but you'd need a new date wheel for the AS2063, which was prohibitively expensive. Just as a double domed sapphire crystal is, apparently.

To update folks, as time has gone on I have to say I favor the PRS-50LE over the 50B. Something about the curved bezel insert is very magnetic! I also think this may be because I wore the 50LE a lot whilst deployed last year and spent hours photographing it. I definitely 'bonded' with it!

"Deeds, not words, shall speak me." - John Fletcher

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9