Nivada Antarctic Sea
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Nivada Antarctic Sea

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nivada Antarctic Sea

Hi all

I posted some pics of my recently purchased Benthos 500 on the main forum yesterday and now see i should rather of put it in this forum........

I purchased another 'diver' yesterday and thought i would share with you (its not a Rolex or Omega...sorry!) i just cant find any info on it...i know the make and after much searching i can only find a Nivada Antarctic and no info at all on a Nivada Antarctic Sea?

This one is in very good condition, lovely Antarctic sea green dial that changes color (green) in daylight, is 200m wr, has a odd st divers bezel it is marked but does not rotate? also comes with the original NSA Nivada stamped st bracelet.
    The case back is marked, 200 atm waterproof, shock protected, compensamatic.

If anyone out there has a similar or seen one the same or can shed more light that would be great...
    Attached Images Attached Images

dougcee and AMK000 like this.

Re: Nivada Antarctic Sea

Great looking watch. I love that brilliant green dial. Beautiful!
    Homage watches democratize history for the common wrist.

Cheers! James

That's one fine piece of Green Vintage Machinery LOL!!
    Live life to the fullest.. remember, every second counts!!!!

Collection:
    Ω Seamaster 2541.80
    | Garmin Vivoactive 3 | Apple Watch Series 2 | Tissot Seastar 660 Chrono | Tissot Navigator 3000 | Tissot T Race T Touch | Swatch SUUB101 | Red Line Quartz Chrono

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Is it possible that the bezel is just stuck or jammed? Very odd that it wouldn't turn on otherwise serious looking dive watch. In any case, that Penguin on the back is awesome!

Craig
    Sinn U1, Longines Legend Diver, Omega SMP 2254, Omega Constellation Manhattan, Omega Constellation f300Hz, B&M Capeland, Vostok Amphibia

I also thought the bezel might be stuck? but then i also thought that maybe there is some kind of surface missing from the bezel as the countdown engraving is not very deep and not very visible? anyone like to hazard a guess of its age? around 1967/8? with waterproof on the case back.

I see that the Antarctic models have interesting history and were tested in the Antarctic and used by the US military in the fifties/sixties, i still cant find a Antarctic 'Sea' model..... fullers1845..what's wrong with my green watch? lol its Eco friendly.

I don't know anything about this watch, but on the Vintage forum they might since Nivada was around for a long time. You can see this model among others is an inspiration for the Helson Tortuga:

Name:  Tortuga-14.jpg
Views: 1856
Size:  33.3 KB
    Regards,

Gabe

Quote Originally Posted by watchkeeper View Post
    fullers1845..what's wrong with my green watch? lol its Eco friendly.
    Nothing wrong at all. I am paying you a genuine compliment. Green is my favorite color! Enjoy it.
    Homage watches democratize history for the common wrist.

Cheers! James

I found among my late mother's things, a ladies Nivada Antarctic Sea. I remember her wearing it when I was younger. My parents traveled to Switzerland often, and I am sure that she bought it there. I will cherish it.
    I am having trouble changing the date...I have had many watches where it is just another pull of the pin to get to that place...but this doesn't seem to be what needs to happen here. I even tried advancing the time to see if the date would move. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Lady Carolyne; July 5th, 2011 at 18:56.

Appears to be a NSA bracelet w/ a signed clasp, very nice, and looks in good condition given it's age. Nice piece.
    “Watch fanatic? Hardly, I’m more of a watch strap junkie that owns a couple watches.”

HI yes it is a NSU and in vgc, its got that built in shock/pull system

Lady...ill get mine out the safe and let you know how mine sets the date...i am pretty sure mine is a mans watch has never acccured to me that it might be a ladies watch in anyway shape or form ? what is the diameter of yours? and does your bezel rotate?
    Last edited by Peterallen; July 5th, 2011 at 22:15.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information