Noob question: Halios Laguna spring bars... Are all spring bars made the same?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Noob question: Halios Laguna spring bars... Are all spring bars made the same?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Noob question: Halios Laguna spring bars... Are all spring bars made the same?

Hi Guys,

Literally just received my Halios Laguna, what a stunning watch! I had never seen one in the flesh before, it definitely lives up to the hype!

My question is, can I use any 22 mm spring bars with this watch? The ones on this watch have both had their day - one is bent and the other has no more spring. I can use my fingers to pull them both out easily. Can I just buy some Seiko spring bars for it? And will Seiko fat spring bars work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Noob question: Halios Laguna spring bars... Are all spring bars made the same?

Spring bars are usually somewhere around 1.5mm as the standard size, but also come in 1.78mm and the Seiko fat bars and such are around 2.5mm.

You can get them on Amazon, eBay, Ofrei, etc.

Most come in boxes with different lugs sizes, for variety and extras, and are usually a good buy and come in handy if you have other watches.

They are the usually the same quality, some I am sure are better than others, but I have never had any issue with the ones I have purchased as replacements.

Unless you have case or strap clearance issues, for a diver, I would go with at least 1.78mm bars.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Re: Noob question: Halios Laguna spring bars... Are all spring bars made the same?

Awesome, thanks for the info I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Spring bars are usually somewhere around 1.5mm as the standard size, but also come in 1.78mm and the Seiko fat bars and such are around 2.5mm.

You can get them on Amazon, eBay, Ofrei, etc.

Most come in boxes with different lugs sizes, for variety and extras, and are usually a good buy and come in handy if you have other watches.

They are the usually the same quality, some I am sure are better than others, but I have never had any issue with the ones I have purchased as replacements.

Unless you have case or strap clearance issues, for a diver, I would go with at least 1.78mm bars.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Contact Halios and ask what size they recommend.

Good idea, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by biggpoppa View Post
    Contact Halios and ask what size they recommend.

man that watch is a major pain in the butt to attach the bracelet.
    I would just use standard spring bars - good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneotool View Post
    man that watch is a major pain in the butt to attach the bracelet.
    I would just use standard spring bars - good luck.
    Thanks for the heads up. I was going to see if I could live with it on a nylon Maratac strap.

Like Nokie said, they are all mostly the same general quality. I will say though, the ones that came with my IWC Mark XVI were definitely superior; the best I've ever seen. The ones on my Citizen dive watch were 2nd best (I've had no direct experience with Seiko fat spring bars though, but I hear they are really great).

What's usually done is if your bracelet dictates using a thinner spring bar, like my Victorinox for example, which requires 1.5mm to fit through the end pieces. However, when I wear it on a strap, I use 1.8mm because the tips are the same. I would definitely suggest using Seiko fat spring bars if the tips fit the lug holes properly. If they don't go in far enough and seat properly, it won't be secure and defeats the purpose. It's more important on a heavier watch, such as a dive watch, such as your Laguna.
    Tudor 76200 Date + Day
    JeanRichard Highlands 24004
    Ω Omega 50s SS Cal. 267
    Seiko SKX007 Mod with 171 dial
    Bulova 1956 Cal. 11 ACAC
    Waltham 70s Cal. PUW 1663s

Thanks Surfrider, much appreciated. In my research I also found that it's important that the tips/ends can't be too small either or they will gradually bore/grind out the lug holes and make them larger which is an obvious no-no.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfrider View Post
    Like Nokie said, they are all mostly the same general quality. I will say though, the ones that came with my IWC Mark XVI were definitely superior; the best I've ever seen. The ones on my Citizen dive watch were 2nd best (I've had no direct experience with Seiko fat spring bars though, but I hear they are really great).

What's usually done is if your bracelet dictates using a thinner spring bar, like my Victorinox for example, which requires 1.5mm to fit through the end pieces. However, when I wear it on a strap, I use 1.8mm because the tips are the same. I would definitely suggest using Seiko fat spring bars if the tips fit the lug holes properly. If they don't go in far enough and seat properly, it won't be secure and defeats the purpose. It's more important on a heavier watch, such as a dive watch, such as your Laguna.
    Surfrider likes this.

Congrats! I've got two and looking for the Blue... Contact Jason at Halios and get the right ones. Bracelet changes are a pain as mentioned but the watch is worth the effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    okiesdoki likes this.

Instagram; west.block

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information