Omega opinions

Thread: Omega opinions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Omega opinions

Hey guys,
    I've had a Rolex of one kind or another for 25 years. I'm on my 2nd GMT. Been thinking about a sale/trade. Here's what I got a shot at: a Planet Ocean XL NIB and enough cash back to get another nice sub $1k diver. I've never owned an Omega or seen an Omega diver in person but everyone seems to really like them. I just want to know if it's a fair deal for a good watch that I can always flip for a fair price.

Thanks,
    Guido

P.S. gotta go watch the Cards and Diamond Backs with my Dad. Will check back after game.
    Current favorites:
    Squale Y1545 20 ATMOS Militaire (Original) Ser. No. 0001; Sturmanskie Open Space 24Hr Ser. No. 199/250; Glycine Airman 17; Seiko Prospex PADI SRPA21;
    AirNautic Early Bird 24hr #20; Bathys Black Aquaculture; Citizen Eco-Zilla SS; Corvus Bradley #44; Hamilton Field Mechanical 44mm;
    Luminox 8202; OCEAN7 LM-1LE 41/150; LM-3V2B #26; LM-7 #7; Seiko SKX007K2; Squale 50 ATMOS; + about 25 more
    Incoming: NADA

I've been trying for some time to develop a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence.- Garry Trudeau
    Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts. - Lt. "Mac" McReynolds

dhs

Re: Omega opinions

Omegas are very nice watches....You should be able to get a PO for about $2400 or so NIB, used about $1900

Quote Originally Posted by Guido Muldoon View Post
    Hey guys,
    I've had a Rolex of one kind or another for 25 years. I'm on my 2nd GMT. Been thinking about a sale/trade. Here's what I got a shot at: a Planet Ocean XL NIB and enough cash back to get another nice sub $1k diver. I've never owned an Omega or seen an Omega diver in person but everyone seems to really like them. I just want to know if it's a fair deal for a good watch that I can always flip for a fair price.

Thanks,
    Guido

P.S. gotta go watch the Cards and Diamond Backs with my Dad. Will check back after game.
    Timing is everything..... Today I have: MIH, IWC Aquatimer Chrono, Pam 111, Bathys Black/Black Benthic, Bathys Aquaculture Rose Gold,Bathys Ti CarbonF, Bathys UV Quartz, Bathys Black Qtz, Bathys Orange Benthic, Sinn 757 S UTC, Sinn 900 Fleiger.
    Waiting on: White Dial, Black PVD Sinn U1.

In my opinion they are as good a watch as rolex if not better. I think Rolex are overpriced and living on past reputation without producing anything new or innovative on their own...guess that is just good markting

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Aquadive forum moderator W. C. Bartlett's Avatar

Omega is a solid watch manufactured by a company with a real history of innovative design. Their vintage watches are more popular today than ever. As for the PO or PO chronograph you cannot go wrong. On the secondary market, you can get a PO for approx. $1,900.

Here are pics of mine:

I currently have the chronograph and for a weak moment thought of selling, thank god it passed quickly for its now a keeper and I hope you can understand why.

Retired and living in the mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania

I previously owned a 45.5mm Planet Ocean w/orange bezel. It was one of the finest dive watches I've ever owned; solidly built and meticulously finished. I seriously doubt you'll be disappointed if you decide to purchase one.
    Steve

My favorite diver? Jessica Alba, of course!

TMW

I really enjoy the Omegas - and I started with a rolex as the first real watch. The POs are great watches - I have had both a 42 and 45, sold them both, and regretted ever since. The orange bezel version looks even better when on. One thing I will recommend is to get both the braceelt and the rubber strap. And the prices above "quoted" are about right.

Inactive

Omegas are very nice. the quality is amazing. the fit and finish plus the solid smooth movement put them ahead of many a watch. there not a thick watch, but well balanced. I think there in there own catagory of watches. often imitated, never duplicated.

i missed my PO 2209.50 the day after i had her shipped out.

the fit and finish was beyond reproach
    Co-Ax escapement was spot on for 72 hrs on my wrist +\ - 0

when i get my next PO, it'll definitely be a keeper.

Last edited by lauro; July 4th, 2007 at 05:23. Reason: spelling
    - lauro

I wore a Seadweller for over 20 years and with the Planet Ocean you will not see any drop off in terms of quality, fit or finish at all that I can assure you. Other than possibly making your Rolex feel kind of small if you switch back and forth the watch lines are quite comparable at this point.

Thanks for all the input guys. I've certainly been impressed by the photos I've seen some of you post of your SMPs and POs. If the PO had the SMPs skeleton hands it would be perfect. Don't know how practical those hands are for actual diving but they are beautiful. Also Steve, I'm looking at the orange bezel PO. It looks kinda cool but I've never owned a watch with more orange than a PloProf style minute hand.

I'd just buy one of each if I could. Why is it that addicts seldom possess the resources to support their habit? Oh well, I'm flippin' the Rolex for sure. What will I end up with???
    Current favorites:
    Squale Y1545 20 ATMOS Militaire (Original) Ser. No. 0001; Sturmanskie Open Space 24Hr Ser. No. 199/250; Glycine Airman 17; Seiko Prospex PADI SRPA21;
    AirNautic Early Bird 24hr #20; Bathys Black Aquaculture; Citizen Eco-Zilla SS; Corvus Bradley #44; Hamilton Field Mechanical 44mm;
    Luminox 8202; OCEAN7 LM-1LE 41/150; LM-3V2B #26; LM-7 #7; Seiko SKX007K2; Squale 50 ATMOS; + about 25 more
    Incoming: NADA

I've been trying for some time to develop a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence.- Garry Trudeau
    Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts. - Lt. "Mac" McReynolds

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information