Which one is better looking?

The Oris is only 44mm case
    While the Invicta is a manly 47mm case

If you didn't know nothing about watches which one would you pick

Banned

Re: Oris Titan vs Invicta Scuba

They look pretty much the same.

I think you've been around the forum long enough to know what the answer to that question is going to be.
    hidden by leaves likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think by "if you didn't know nothing about watches" he means disregard the brands. I'll take everything as it appears on the oris, except for maybe the Invicta's less toothy shaped hour markers.

They both have a very strong appeal to them, I will be honest I am more of a Seiko man and I do not have much experience with Oris. So I will try to chime in on what I can.

If I had to pick I would go with what appeals to me. If I knew nothing of watches, I would probably get the Invicta because of the design and layout to it. I will be perfectly honest, about 4 years ago I purchased an Invicta Automatic Pro Diver's and truthfully it was one of the best watches I ever owned.

However one day while cleaning it.. I noticed a slight scratch on the glass. So after hours of buffing it dawned on me that the scratch was inside. No harm no foul I left it alone. I ended up selling it for about the same that I purchased it for. Would I buy another Invicta yes I probably would---maybe another Pro Diver. Now as for this watch I have seen similar Chrono watches for sale on Shop NBC. The only reason that has kept me from buying any chrono from Invicta is; one night while watching ShopNBC. An Invicta Python ??? I guess was featured on the show. It had to be of quality because the selling price on SNBC was close to $375.00 so you figure it has to be one of their higher end models, correct???

While they are displaying the watch and replaying the second hand moving---you could see that when the Chrono reset button was pressed the Chrono Minute Marker hand would not line up to the 12 O'clock position instead it was off while the other markers did line up----Not a good sign friend.

Well this is just mt 2 cents, buy what appeals to you and what you feel comfortable with. Do what you enjoy, after all that is what this hobby is all about enjoying our watches, how they look and how they make us all proud. Whatever you get wear it well wear it proud brother!!!!
    Last edited by watchman19; February 27th, 2012 at 12:00. Reason: Typo

Banned

Knowing nothing would lead most buyers to the lower cost of the Invicta. I think Invicta has the ability to make good quality watches but they will always be held back by their well deserved reputation, they should create a new brand for top end stuff like Toyota did with Lexus.

If I knew nothing about watches, I'd still pick the Oris. The 44mm case is my sweet spot, and I like the cleaner dial.
    Dan

SAS SEA-01 #61/100...Steinhart Triton 30 atm...Steinhart Apollon...
    Oris TT1 Diver-Date...Victorinox Airboss Mach 4...Victorinox Dive Master 500...
    Citizen Orca, Nighthawk, Skyhawk...
    Etc...

If you didn't know nothing about watches? You're asking this question in a watch forum? My gut tells me your looking for some help in justifying the Invicta, but I could be wrong. I say go with what you like and what will fit into your budget. Invicta is famous for making look alikes, and the Scuba looks a lot like the Oris..... There is also a huge price difference between these 2 watches. Invicta makes some very nice watches, but there just aren't in the same league with Oris. Thus the huge difference in price.

If you like the Invicta then go for it!

If I didn't know nothing about watches I would spend 15 min on google too see what I could learn about these two watches and then decide from there. If your not confident in your decision you need to do more research.
    Jade330i, PluckyPaul and Kent108 like this.
    G-shock 7710
    Stowa Prodiver Black
    Seiko 7549-7009 Golden Tuna 600m

Based on pictures alone, I would go with the Oris. I like the hour markers better and the dial is more subtle. The 47mm case is rather large for my taste. The big difference would be evident when one holds the watches side by side for a "true" comparison and can look at the finish work up close.
    Last edited by mellonb1; February 27th, 2012 at 18:27.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information