Oris TT1 or Tissot Seastar 1000

Thread: Oris TT1 or Tissot Seastar 1000

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Oris TT1 or Tissot Seastar 1000

Both have 2824-2( or sellita, I know), sapphire crystal etcetra. Any preferences out there? I'm betting on Oris, but ya never know I guess. I have around $800 and am looking for nice swiss diver. I have various asian watches already. Any other suggestions welcome. I also really like Bathys Benthic auto, but it's too much for me.

Thank you in advance,
    Luhnk

Re: Oris TT1 or Tissot Seastar 1000

I wouldn't even mention the two in the same breath, but that's just me.

Oris, by a country mile.

Regards,
    Adam
    DW-002BM-8, DW-003R-9T, DW-5600BB-1ER, DW-5600GLRZ2, DW-5600GRLZM, DW-5700BE, DW-5700SF2, DW-6900-7BUFF, DW-6900MT-7ER, DW-6900CL-4CR, DW-6900KR-8JR, DW-6900FS, DW-6901UD-3ER, DW-8800AB-9T, DW-9100BJ-2A, G-001BE, GA-110DR-1A, GA-111DR-7A, GA-120BB, GD-X6900AL-2, GD-X6900-7TY2, GD-X6900JC, GD-X6900MNM, GD-X6900MH, GDF-100BB, GLX-150-4DR, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000TFG-9, GPR-B1000TLC-1JR, GPW-2000, GST-B100D-1A, GST-200RBG, GT-100, GW-5000-1JF, GW-5530C, GW-9400-1ER, GW-9400-3ER, GW-9430EJ-9JR, GW-9400KJ, GW-9401KJ, GWG-1000, GWM-5600TH-1, GWN-Q1000, GXW-56-3JF, GXW-56-4JF, GXW-56BB-1JF

Oris. I have the Tissot and love it, I actually MUCH prefer the awesome blue dial on it to that of the Oris, but the folded endlink bracelet just isn't okay and the movement is the bottom grade, where that of the Oris is, I believe, an upgraded version, which will be more accurate out of the box and down the road.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by craniotes View Post
    I wouldn't even mention the two in the same breath, but that's just me.

Oris, by a country mile.

Regards,
    Adam

+ 1 Oris for me.

Tissot can't even come close to ORIS' build quality. The difference between the two is night and day!

I vote for tissot!

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shock View Post
    Tissot can't even come close to ORIS' build quality. The difference between the two is night and day!
    Let alone the finishing on the cases and bracelets, Oris really does win outright here. Then again, the Tissot is now discontinued and becoming harder and harder to find, which can be appealing to some watch collectors, like me, who collect nothing but discontinued watches and limited editions from small boutiques. Also, for the price, the Tissot is the better buy, as it can be had for around $350-400 on several grey-market sites, where the Oris you might get lucky to have for $600 used. I don't know, it's more of a toss up for me than I originally thought. I like that the Tissot uses 22mm lugs, where I believe the Oris uses 24mm, which makes the watch head look smaller on the wrist, and the Tissot looks quite sizable having utilized the 22mm. The Oris has the better bracelet and clasp, though the argument can easily be made that the bracelet of the Oris, being finished in polished surfaces for the majority of it, will show signs of wear much quicker, much more easily, and much more often.

One more negative point to remember about the Seastar 1000, would be the case back. It's nice in theory, having the exhibition case back look like a window port in a submarine, with a cool scuba diver guy on the rotor that only shows when held at a certain position, but the thing isn't centered on the back, which causes the watch to sit somewhat awkwardly on the wrist. It isn't as uncomfortable as I thought it would be, but it is odd. Also, the case back isn't screwed like the typical case back, it actually has four or five screws all around it holding it down, which seems like a lame way to do it, and I've heard of more than one experience with them having troubles stayin' in. Mine has been fine, but who knows.

This is a brutal comparison. The tissot is entry level where the oris is closer to midrange, not a fair comparison. I would say the oris but the tissot is nice and on my short list, the tissot is pretty good bang for the buck and very interest, great bezel that you don't see on too many watch I guess on the certina ds3 and a couple others...

It depends a bit on what you have already.
    Last edited by 1R0NH31D3; March 29th, 2009 at 10:21.
    G-shock 7710
    Stowa Prodiver Black
    Seiko 7549-7009 Golden Tuna 600m

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond 'The Box' View Post
    Let alone the finishing on the cases and bracelets, Oris really does win outright here. Then again, the Tissot is now discontinued and becoming harder and harder to find, which can be appealing to some watch collectors, like me, who collect nothing but discontinued watches and limited editions from small boutiques. Also, for the price, the Tissot is the better buy, as it can be had for around $350-400 on several grey-market sites, where the Oris you might get lucky to have for $600 used. I don't know, it's more of a toss up for me than I originally thought. I like that the Tissot uses 22mm lugs, where I believe the Oris uses 24mm, which makes the watch head look smaller on the wrist, and the Tissot looks quite sizable having utilized the 22mm. The Oris has the better bracelet and clasp, though the argument can easily be made that the bracelet of the Oris, being finished in polished surfaces for the majority of it, will show signs of wear much quicker, much more easily, and much more often.

One more negative point to remember about the Seastar 1000, would be the case back. It's nice in theory, having the exhibition case back look like a window port in a submarine, with a cool scuba diver guy on the rotor that only shows when held at a certain position, but the thing isn't centered on the back, which causes the watch to sit somewhat awkwardly on the wrist. It isn't as uncomfortable as I thought it would be, but it is odd. Also, the case back isn't screwed like the typical case back, it actually has four or five screws all around it holding it down, which seems like a lame way to do it, and I've heard of more than one experience with them having troubles stayin' in. Mine has been fine, but who knows.

The one downside to Oris is how the lugs are shaped. It is a 22-24mm bracelet or strap but "cuts-in" to 11mm between the lugs. So typically you only have two choices-OEM ss and rubber. The rubber Oris straps are outstanding. Some people like to play around with different straps-tough on Oris divers.

oris does a use a bit "higher" end movement than the tissot, albeit still the same "base" movement.
    the oris is a more unique design. fantastic lume. polished and brushed. integrated bracelet.
    you can buy an enzo, which i also own. but don't like it more than my tt1. the enzo is more "tool" like, and much beefier.
    just mho.

good luck and enjoy!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information