Phantom Caleuche Diver ??
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gormless

Thread: Phantom Caleuche Diver ??

Happen onto the HAMTUN website. Bottom of the Collections page,

https://hamtun.co/collections

3rd of the 4 photos, takes you to an instagram link...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6TpIZhn2Ld/

I did learn that the namesake is of a Chilean Ghost Ship. However, much like the ship,
    nothing shows up in searching either Hamtun, Google, Bing , nor KickStarter.

Does anyone have any insight into this puppy?
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OK, I am embarrassed to admit this, but I am NOT social-media savvy in any way. Long and short of it, I had my son log into the posting, LOL. There, I could see this was a side-project by someone there at Hamtun. Obviously, nothing must've been released yet into the cyber-world.
    Last edited by pneuby; 2 Days Ago at 03:29.

Re: Phantom Caleuche Diver ??

If you haven't already seen this, this is what Ross Davis (owner of Hamtun) posted about the project on the Microbrand Watches page on Facebook.

"Iíd been avoiding sharing this as Iíve been busy getting the Kraken shipped, but Iím involved in another project thatís launching soon and I canít keep putting it off. This time Iím part of a team rather than doing it alone, and other the people need me to start sharing! Hereís what weíve made. Itís called the Caleuche, launching under our new Phantom brand. Itís super cheap, let me explain why.

Hamtun does well, but the margins are slim. With the number of combinations I do, thatís tough. Kraken was something like 50SKU which is silly. To keep doing lots of options I need to (very slightly) raise prices over the next year or so. Not lots, but enough to make sure Iím still here in 5 years.

But I donít want to abandon people that care only about the price, or that simply canít afford to pay £400 for a watch. That was me, so itís a market I understand and want to keep supporting. So when the opportunity to get involved with this came up, I said yes.

I also have a reasonable number of people saying that theyíre interested in microbrands but donít want to drop £400 on a brand theyíve never heard of without first getting a hands-on. I hope that people will buy these watches and, as a result, consider buying more watches from me (and from any of you, but mostly me) in the future.

For our first model we are making just 4 watches. There are no options, no choices. We will make these 4 and sell them. If you want to buy extra straps or whatever then you can, but you canít swap them in your order. You get a strap with your watch, any extras will cost more.

Options and choices result in more complex manufacturing and shipping. More complexity = higher costs. Thatís how we keep prices down. The watch is great, as I think/hope reviews will back up. Samples are already on the way to Josh @ WatchItAllAbout and Jody @ JustOneMoreWatch, and weíll be getting them to more people ASAP.

I hope you check them out, and I hope that when it comes to it you understand what weíre trying to do.

One last thing. Iím still waiting on final photos, so Iíve shared temporary ones. Youíll get the full photos the minute I get them. The minute hands on these ones have been replaced, these were test ones while we waiting for the real ones.

If youíd like to know more as/when I have it, sign up at https://hamtun.lpages.co/caleuche/"

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    ck2k01 likes this.

Awesome.Thanks for the add'l info, brother. Alas, as with most of the microbrands, it's just too small for me at 40mm.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't mind it, but not really my cup of tea. There seems to be a bit of an incongruity between those hands.
    Flippito ergo sum - I flip therefore I am

Edited...answered my own question

Hmmmm, I like it. Not sure what it is, but I like it. The white & black SS models are great! The all black is super but 40mm is small formal black on me, and the blue is good, but I've O.D.ed on blue.

I've always liked Hamtun, but they've always escaped me in timing of desire and resources.
    "Yeah, it's basically a block of steel with a movement inside. Part of the charm." daschlag

A small red dot in Asia on the Earth's equator.

Interesting. I'll be watching out for the new Caleuche. :)
    Timex | Casio | Fellman | Invicta | Rodina | Glycine | Bulova | Leyden | Richard Legrand | Alexander James | Victorinox | Fifty Four | Dan Henry | Mondaine | Tiger Concept | Tisell | Scurfa | Helgray | Nezumi | Hamtun | Seiko | Manchester Watch Works | Orient | WUS F71 | Silver | Borealis | Aevig | Citizen | Steinhart | Nth | Armida | Ball | Rolex

Quote Originally Posted by johnnmiller1 View Post
    I don't mind it, but not really my cup of tea. There seems to be a bit of an incongruity between those hands.
    It states in the blurb the minute hand is temporary, while awaiting the one they selected. Perhaps it will change the overall view.
    "Yeah, it's basically a block of steel with a movement inside. Part of the charm." daschlag

Quote Originally Posted by Riddim Driven View Post
    It states in the blurb the minute hand is temporary, while awaiting the one they selected. Perhaps it will change the overall view.
    Thatís good to know.

Thread Information