Ploprof - king of the deep - Page 5
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Ploprof - king of the deep

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Ploprof - king of the deep

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Buy Her the ploprof
    I have to say, i did think about that but after nearly 40 years of doi ng whatever the hell i want...i didnt want him to lose a keeper
    Simon likes this.

Some wisely recommended I look at other colour options on the Ploprof besides the bold blue/white
    This is available for sale at an independent near me.

It is the first Reissue, steel, with the 8500 movement model, not the new Titanium & master chronometer version
    It is in steel and very hefty.
    It has been well used - just serviced at Omega in April - receipt & description of bits replaced totalling £700) new 2 year warranty
    It doesn't have its original box/papers (but a replacement old red omega one)
    The price for this is £5k - the new blue/white the AD will give me for £7k (8700)
    appreciate any thoughts

ps: I did consider a Helson PloProf homage to see if this was a winner for me, but emailed twice last week to enquire about their Ploprof homage and they havent replied -maybe hols?

Name:  IMG_5058.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  1.09 MB
    Name:  IMG_5057.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  1.95 MB
    hugof3C likes this.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

I vote for the new one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Like Dave's 1200 he posted, that one goes on any Black or Orange Omega rubber Simon plus mesh as your wearing.
    Do you prefer the heft of the steel as I have tried your first choice on when looking for my 3rd( I love the Ploprof ) and to me the lighter version took away the Ploprof feel after owning mine for a very long time..
    Then I tried a Helson....without going in to it..no way and for me never a Helson again.
    I'm just glad the members who stayed in are happy and i have zero issue with their choice. NONE..homages don't bug me at all...
    For me though never that brand ever again...
    I'd buy the black steel,if it were me....or keep looking for a good 600 blue dial black bezel,through a reputable seller...and have movement and case referenced if able..
    Good to see you looking at all options Omega offer you in their Ocean flagship Ploprof line up...
    Stay on the hunt mate..
    Dave

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Simon likes this.

Yep I’m 54 and a Ploprof is definitely on my short list!
    Current Collection
    Aquadive BS300 & BS300 DLC Doxa 300 T-Graph professional Ennebi Fondale Gruppo Ardito Kraken Kaiser 9500m
    H2o Kalmar 2 8000m Oceanictime Helberg CH1 Marathon JSAR, JDD Orient ​Saturation Diver Prometheus ​Poseidon DLC Rolex Oyster Royal
    Seiko SUN019 ​Sinn U1 SDR Charmex Swiss Military 20,000ft UTS 4000m WCT 1000m Diver Zixen DSR-1000, DSR-1000 GMT

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread Information