WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Prodiver looks good on Omega mesh

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  st_burt 
#1 ·
I received a Stowa Prodiver last Friday, and unfortunately it didn't fit my wrist too well on the bracelet. I had done a lot of research before buying the watch, and I expected that it would not fit. I have a 6.75 inch wrist, and as expected, the end links made the watch too long for my wrist. Luckily, I had planned ahead and ordered an Omega mesh bracelet to replace the stock one. I'm so pleased with the results.

It's a different watch without the end links. The lugs are more noticeable, and the sharp angles and curves look great. The screws bar are perfect for the Omega mesh because they're smooth all the way across, unlike springbars. I had quite a time getting them off the watch though. Even after heating them, it was hard to apply just the right amount of pressure to unscrew them without stripping the screw heads. I taped the lugs, so I was able to do the whole job without damaging my new watch :-d. All in all, this has been a great day so far. I thought that I might get the Omega mesh bead blasted, but I actually like the contrast between the bead blasted head and the polished bracelet.

Take care,

Stephen

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks great to me but then is there any SS diver that doesn't look great on Omega mesh?

#8 ·
+1 on all parts of this post. You took the words right out of my mouth :-d

#11 ·
A nylon scrub pad would sort the polished part out if it mattered. The older Omega milanese have a brushed/flat side and a polished/rounded side that makes it easy to match up with the watch head.

Looks great, I'll have to give it a try if I can get my screw bars out :roll:

#14 ·
OK guys, here are some wrist shots.

As you can see, there's still a bit of a gap under the lugs because of how flat they are and how big the caseback is. I don't mind it though. It was far worse with the stock bracelet on, but I'm not going to wrestle with the screw bars again to take wrist shots with the bracelet on.

The watch looks way too big in the close up, camera reflected in the crystal macro picture, but all watches look too big in that picture. I think the pictures I took in the mirrow show that it's big, but not too big.

Watchscout, I like your Seatime. You can see it on my monitor in the first picture.

Nalu and Denizen, I thought about putting a brushed finish on the Omega mesh. I'll almost certainly do that with the 24mm I bought for my LM-7. I don't think I will with the Stowa though. This is just my opinion, but I've never liked a combination of brushed and blasted finishes. I like brushed and polished or blasted and polished, but somehow brushed and blasted looks like a mistake, like wearing striped pants and a plaid shirt. I don't mean to offend anyone, that's just how I feel.

Sensei63, I probably would have put it on a strap if I didn't have the Omega mesh. I'm not sure what would have looked good. I don't really care for rubber straps, so I use either bracelets or Nato or Zulu straps. I think that the Prodiver might not work on a nylon strap, so I'm lucky I found a bracelet I like.

Take care,

Stephen

#18 · (Edited)
alternate finishes on mesh...

Nalu and Denizen, I thought about putting a brushed finish on the Omega mesh. I'll almost certainly do that with the 24mm I bought for my LM-7. I don't think I will with the Stowa though. This is just my opinion, but I've never liked a combination of brushed and blasted finishes. I like brushed and polished or blasted and polished, but somehow brushed and blasted looks like a mistake, like wearing striped pants and a plaid shirt. I don't mean to offend anyone, that's just how I feel.
i generally prefer a blasted finish mesh for a blasted finished case, but suggested a brushed mesh in your case for several reasons...

1) you indicated that you liked having some contrast between the case and bracelet

2) the bead-blasting on the prodiver is a more 'satinized' bead blasted, and light enough that a brushed mesh bracelet could work. i have a brushed artus mesh that can be quite fitting with some of my lighter bead-blasted watches.

as it's your watch, your bracelet and your wrist, you can wear it in any combination that floats your boat. ;-)

here's a pic of my blasted Stingray on a similarly blasted mesh...

#15 ·
Dang son, i envy you. Like the envy i have where i see another man with a figure 8 woman.

#16 ·
Thanks for the wristshots, now I know what I have to do ;-)

#19 ·
Thanks guys. I bought this watch to celebrate my decision to drop out of law school and eventually join the military, so I'm glad everything worked out so well. I wouldn't have wanted to think I'd made a mistake :-( on such a big decision.

Denizen, I'm starting to think you may be right. It looks like the Ocean 7 LM-7 is going to arrive later this month, so once I've brushed the 24mm mesh, I'll see how it looks with the Prodiver before I put it on the Ploprof. If it doesn't work, I may end up sending mine away for bead blasting. I quite like the way your Stingray looks.

Take care,

Stephen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.