Proud Owner of YEMA Superman Heritage - Page 6
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Proud Owner of YEMA Superman Heritage

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: Proud Owner of YEMA Superman Heritage

Just picked one of these up With the sapphire glass In anticipation of the bronze one I also jumped in on

So far Iím impressed

itís a smaller watch that wears well under the cuff

Once I got the bracelet adjusted for my wrist It wears well

I like the retro look and feel

Plus itís running well

Quote Originally Posted by douglasf13 View Post
    Yeah, maybe no movement modification, but I've found that just about any new movement can get near COSC with a regulation, so maybe they do a good job of that before shipping.

Interestingly, I've noticed a difference in my Superman Heritage that I received a few weeks ago vs. the one I handled from last fall. I've not had any of the lug hole offset issues that I've seen mentioned in the past, the cut of the end links themselves is cleaner, and mine has a signed crown, so it seems they're trying to improve things. If only it wasn't for the slightly misaligned bezel, but I'm getting over it. Even my Submariner had that issue.
    That's great. I think they fixed a few of those issues. As for the misaligned bezel, I have also found that issue on a number of brands/models. Some where you would least expect it. Notably, a Zenith and an Omega. Matter of fact, I am so aware of this fairly common issue, that even when I am just browsing at a boutique or AD, I check the bezel alignment.

Cheers,
    Carl
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Quote Originally Posted by JParanee View Post
    Just picked one of these up With the sapphire glass In anticipation of the bronze one I also jumped in on

So far Iím impressed

itís a smaller watch that wears well under the cuff

Once I got the bracelet adjusted for my wrist It wears well

I like the retro look and feel

Plus itís running well

Congratulations! And thanks for the excellent pics. That bracelet really looks great, and also has a very retro look as well. How many micro adjustments are on the clasp? And how do you find the crown operation as far as pulling out the crown, winding and setting the date/time? I find that when I pull out the crown on mine, it usually resets the date when I start winding, and I have to do some funbling to get it in position to wind. Just wondering if this is a common issue.

Cheers,
    Carl

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mine has no issue going from handwinding to date set. As you know, when you unscrew the crown it should go straight to the hand winding position. When the crown is unscrewed, do you get any spring action when you press the crown? Sounds like the stem might have been cut too short, if you are getting a spring action then the keyless works is sticky, easy fix but the dial/hands have to be removed to get to it. Another sign of the stem being too short is when trying to screw the crown down, it'll try to adjust the date wheel.

Oh, the clasp has 4 micro adjusts (good for 8mm of adjustment) and each removable link is also 8mm.
    Last edited by Michael 808; 1 Week Ago at 21:19.

Quote Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
    Congratulations! And thanks for the excellent pics. That bracelet really looks great, and also has a very retro look as well. How many micro adjustments are on the clasp? And how do you find the crown operation as far as pulling out the crown, winding and setting the date/time? I find that when I pull out the crown on mine, it usually resets the date when I start winding, and I have to do some funbling to get it in position to wind. Just wondering if this is a common issue.

Cheers,
    Carl
    Thank you

There are 4 micro adjustments on the band

Crown feels smooth and there are no issues
    carlhaluss likes this.

Carl,
    I might have been that chap that first posted one of these nice watches.. I will say that I also have to finagle the crown to wind and adjust time... I have been living with it ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Michael 808 View Post
    Mine has no issue going from handwinding to date set. As you know, when you unscrew the crown it should go straight to the hand winding position. When the crown is unscrewed, do you get any spring action when you press the crown? Sounds like the stem might have been cut too short, if you are getting a spring action then the keyless works is sticky, easy fix but the dial/hands have to be removed to get to it. Another sign of the stem being too short is when trying to screw the crown down, it'll try to adjust the date wheel.

Oh, the clasp has 4 micro adjusts (good for 8mm of adjustment) and each removable link is also 8mm.
    Thanks for that info. I will play around with it a bit. I think it will have to be taken to a local repair. I will test it again tomorrow. And I will check for spring action. Very helpful post, thank you.

Cheers,
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Michael 808 View Post
    Mine has no issue going from handwinding to date set. As you know, when you unscrew the crown it should go straight to the hand winding position.
    Same here.

I will play around with it a bit. I think it will have to be taken to a local repair.
    I think you should. I bought a Squale 1521A last year with the same movement and the crown was behaving rather unpredictably. I could only change the date when twiddling with the crown as it wouldn't change as should typically, also the crown was not easily finding the threads.

My Yema Superman behaves like Michael's and the crown is also not wobbly when fully unscrewed.

Btw, I think you mentioned handwinding hin this thread, anyways do a Google on 'ETA 2824-2 handwinding' and you will find many threads. I picked this one for you: ETA 2824-2 worn from hand winding?
    Too make it short, this movement is not optimized for excessive handwinding, though it doesn't hurt it when lubricated. I recommend post #3 from Roland Ranfft in this thread, he knows the stuff.

Thanks for looking at my review.
    But I'm mainly here to thank you for your review! This Superman Heritage haunted me from the first review I saw last June, but I moved on as the main pic on the monochrome watches review showed a brownish lume that was much too faux for my liking.
    But I couldn't forget about the Superman and every some months I came back and read about it. There was the issue with the hands of the first edition, then I also was a bit at war with the polished section of the bracelet and so time went by.

However, for long I was wishing for a watch like my 5-digit Sub, one that I can wear when I don't want to wear my Sub, but one that doesn't break the bank . A watch that works as a whole with a default bracelet as a visual concept was the main non-negotiable requirement and just like my Sub it should be a watch with a standalone design, a signature design, one that has character so to say and yeah, one with a heritage wouldn't hurt also.

Lately I was - once again - cruising the web regarding the Superman and your review came just in time to push me over as I was finally weak and willing anyway.

Mine came today, it is perfect and I'm simply totally enraptured.

Name:  Yema_Superman_9921.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  211.8 KB

Cheers!
    Bernd
    hugof3C, awrose, 59er and 1 others like this.

looks good. i backed the bronze one and i can't wait
    carlhaluss likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfatherthames View Post
    Same here.

I think you should. I bought a Squale 1521A last year with the same movement and the crown was behaving rather unpredictably. I could only change the date when twiddling with the crown as it wouldn't change as should typically, also the crown was not easily finding the threads.

My Yema Superman behaves like Michael's and the crown is also not wobbly when fully unscrewed.

Btw, I think you mentioned handwinding hin this thread, anyways do a Google on 'ETA 2824-2 handwinding' and you will find many threads. I picked this one for you: ETA 2824-2 worn from hand winding?
    Too make it short, this movement is not optimized for excessive handwinding, though it doesn't hurt it when lubricated. I recommend post #3 from Roland Ranfft in this thread, he knows the stuff.

But I'm mainly here to thank you for your review! This Superman Heritage haunted me from the first review I saw last June, but I moved on as the main pic on the monochrome watches review showed a brownish lume that was much too faux for my liking.
    But I couldn't forget about the Superman and every some months I came back and read about it. There was the issue with the hands of the first edition, then I also was a bit at war with the polished section of the bracelet and so time went by.

However, for long I was wishing for a watch like my 5-digit Sub, one that I can wear when I don't want to wear my Sub, but one that doesn't break the bank . A watch that works as a whole with a default bracelet as a visual concept was the main non-negotiable requirement and just like my Sub it should be a watch with a standalone design, a signature design, one that has character so to say and yeah, one with a heritage wouldn't hurt also.

Lately I was - once again - cruising the web regarding the Superman and your review came just in time to push me over as I was finally weak and willing anyway.

Mine came today, it is perfect and I'm simply totally enraptured.

Name:  Yema_Superman_9921.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  211.8 KB

Cheers!
    Bernd
    Hi Bernd,

Many thanks for all of your well received comments and sincere thoughts about this watch. So glad that you enjoy this watch as much! I will definitely take your advice, and advice of others who posted on this thread.

Normally, I would not buy a watch from a company overseas, and a model which I cannot see first in real life. And also I would wish to have an AD where I can return the watch to for repair. I really do not feel like sending the watch all the way back to France! Nevertheless, I am not going to give up on the watch. It definitely has a character all it's own, the likes of which I have never encountered before on any other watch I have owned.

I really hope you continue to enjoy this amazing watch for a long, long time.

Cheers,
    Carl
    oldfatherthames likes this.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information