Proxima Bronze Samurai - Page 3
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Proxima Bronze Samurai

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Proxima Bronze Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by Ginseng108 View Post
    It's a looker. If it's as nice as my bronze MM300, I might just have to add a second bronze.

Attachment 14780189
    I have that one coming in except I opted to change the O-ring pepsi bezel for a Ceramic C3 Triangle bezel insert. Was actually considering transplanting that dial and handset into my Samurai SRPB55 but if the bronze is decent quality it may stay as-is. I will say that it better be good because these are more expensive than their mm300 and 62MAS homages. Heck it costs more than the real Samurai with the same movement!

Its in the air to USA customs now....
    Rocat likes this.
    IG: ikeepgoodtime

T
    Quote Originally Posted by valuewatchguy View Post
    I have that one coming in except I opted to change the O-ring pepsi bezel for a Ceramic C3 Triangle bezel insert. Was actually considering transplanting that dial and handset into my Samurai SRPB55 but if the bronze is decent quality it may stay as-is. I will say that it better be good because these are more expensive than their mm300 and 62MAS homages. Heck it costs more than the real Samurai with the same movement!

Its in the air to USA customs now....
    So you’re thinking of swapping your seiko dial and movement to the bronze case.i had thought of that too. IMO the quality looks to be on par with Helson and I would put them up against nearly anything. I guess we will see in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by WeedlessDrive View Post
    T
    So you’re thinking of swapping your seiko dial and movement to the bronze case.i had thought of that too. IMO the quality looks to be on par with Helson and I would put them up against nearly anything. I guess we will see in a few days.
    I'm not sure. I think I may just get them in and do a side by side. If they are equal to Helson then the casework will be much better than the Seiko. I think the MM300 dial and hands and ceramiz bezel will be awesome on the black SRPB55 case though. part of me wonders if the bezels themselves are a 1:1 swap and what a bronze bezel would look like on the black ion case.

Not sure what to do with the bronze case other than buy a different dial and mod it to something else. I would love a tuna dial with grandfather tuna hands on that bronze case.

Of course if the Proxima is that excellent as is I may sell the Seiko and call it good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

absolutely gorgeous

Mine is in the air now.✈️ Waiting patiently .
    Last edited by WeedlessDrive; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:18.

That is rather smart

Now to decide what band. I have a brown thick leather coming and another canvas on leather already too. I’ll probably give it a full patina after a couple days.

Now to decide what band. I have a brown thick leather coming and another canvas on leather already too. I’ll probably give it a full patina after a couple days.
    Which version did you get?

The red /maroon limited edition. And yourself? Should be landing in LA this morning.

The red /maroon limited edition. And yourself? Should be landing in LA this morning.
    The standard version but I swapped the sapphire Pepsi bezel for the ceramic C3 gold bezel with the triangle 12 o’clock marker (like on their mm300 homage). Mine hit LA over the weekend. Hopefully will arrive in Texas this week!

Name:  5616086D-8871-42C4-AFFB-5B04A3393D78.png
Views: 48
Size:  199.5 KBName:  6FC3DB21-FC76-4522-8954-3AC2DC5013E7.png
Views: 45
Size:  227.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information