Questions—Time for an F74 project watch? Brand? Price range? Specs? Let's hear from you!
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Questions—Time for an F74 project watch? Brand? Price range? Specs? Let's hear from you!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Questions—Time for an F74 project watch? Brand? Price range? Specs? Let's hear from you!

Hey all,

WUS Editor-In-Chief here! Wanted to start a dialogue to see what all of you think about the prospect of a new limited edition diver for the forum? I wanted to kick things off by getting some feedback of what brands you all think would be interesting to work with, what sort of specs, and what price range would be most interesting for everyone? If there's a good amount of interest in one particular direction or another, then we'll get the ball rolling and see which brands would be interested in building our new F74 diver. With "brand collab" editions being so much more common than they used to be, brands are more and more receptive to this, so there are no wrong answers. OK, Obviously Rolex is a wrong answer, but you know what I mean

Another thing we've been considering in this same vein, as we start talking design direction, is to open things up to submissions for design. Got half decent rendering/photoshop skills? If we venture down this path, and your design is selected, one of the pieces from the production run will be yours.

Anyway, let's not get ahead of ourselves... For the time being, here's what I'd like to see:

• Brand: Open to many — Germans, Micros, etc.
    • Case: Either Ti or Bronze, and fairly compact. 39 — 41mm
    • Price Range: Max $2,000 USD depending on brand/build
    • Other Details: Compressor case, both crowns screw-down, clicking internal bezel, no-date (or MAYBE color-matched date disk @ 6 o'clock), 200m resistance, loads of lume, colorful/non-standard dial colors, solid engraved caseback.

Let's hear your thoughts on the matter! What's missing in your collection? What's your dream diver?
    Elmero, boatswain and ChronoB like this.

Re: Questions—Time for an F74 project watch? Brand? Price range? Specs? Let's hear from you!

I would be really interested to see more retro-inspired divers with pepsi bezel.

42mm is the sweet spot for me and good lume will be highly appreciated.

Price range 400 - 600 usd.

Steinhart and Squale could be good partners.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Hendu615 and cygnus atratus like this.

Re: Questions—Time for an F74 project watch? Brand? Price range? Specs? Let's hear from you!

Quote Originally Posted by Siberian cat View Post
    I would be really interested to see more retro-inspired divers with pepsi bezel.

42mm is the sweet spot for me and good lume will be highly appreciated.

Price range 400 - 600 usd.

Steinhart and Squale could be good partners.

Funny, a fair point that Pepsi bezels don't really appear on retro themed releases... I don't hate that idea one bit...

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    Hendu615 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JustinMFrost View Post
    Funny, a fair point that Pepsi bezels don't really appear on retro themed releases... I don't hate that idea one bit...

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    Later it became for me as sort of unicorn hunt. I even tried to give to my skx009 retro vibe, but something is still not there.

I'd be interested at 40-41mm, THIN as possible, in Titanium. Also prefer no date. My dream brand for the project would be Stowa. I think a smaller and thinner Stowa diver is long overdue. They actually made a Stowa Seatime Electric dual crown diver in their history, though it's very rare. Can you imagine!!!? (photo credit to @nbswatches on Instagram)

Name:  38281763_1443760685725035_3157582753982054400_n.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  140.6 KB
    Last edited by platinumEX; January 23rd, 2020 at 19:40.
    BigBluefish and longstride like this.
    On Instagram @joes_watches

price under $1200 (could be more depending on brand, and origin... Vat sux in Europe )
    °40-41mm
    °"Thin", so no 500meter beasts.. 2-300 is great!
    °Bracelet!
    ° quality LUME! Divers with crao lume makes absolutely no sense imo!
    ° steel or titanium
    °dive bezel - not a gmt bezel

And I'm not liking that many compressor models ^^ so prefer a "normal" diver

- whoa... Just whoa! -
    Last edited by whoa; January 23rd, 2020 at 20:14.
    X2-Elijah and cygnus atratus like this.

Oris Aquis //Damasko Da36 // Hexa F74 LE "Chtulu" // Obris Morgan Explorer // Citizen Nighthawk // Seiko SKX007 // Skagen 581XLSXM // Skagen SKW6055 //
    Casio Riseman // Casio Protrek Prg 40 titanium // Casio Edifice Ef593 // Casio Edifice Efr515 // Casio W-214HC // HMT LE White Pilot // Pulsar y182-6f50 //

Or, Farer would be a really cool option. They currently have a compressor model, so that should make it more doable. It's 41.5mm but supposedly wears smaller due to a short 45mm lug to lug.

Name:  02-Farer-Compressor.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  89.2 KB
    On Instagram @joes_watches

I got 8 inch wrists, so no watch with less than 43mm. height is not relevant for me everything under 25mm is okay. I love deep divers with a WR of more than 6000m.
    For the movement I prefer ETA 2824 or 2892. They are reliable and proven to be strong while being relatively flat. For the material I prefer hardened steel or titanium grade 5.
    The lugs should be straight so you can easily change straps and bracelets or endlinks are easy to produce even in your own garage. The bezel should be screwed to the case and the crown action should happen via the bezel so that right and left handed people could use the watch with the same amount of comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladit View Post
    I got 8 inch wrists, so no watch with less than 43mm. height is not relevant for me everything under 25mm is okay. I love deep divers with a WR of more than 6000m.
    For the movement I prefer ETA 2824 or 2892. They are reliable and proven to be strong while being relatively flat. For the material I prefer hardened steel or titanium grade 5.
    The lugs should be straight so you can easily change straps and bracelets or endlinks are easy to produce even in your own garage. The bezel should be screwed to the case and the crown action should happen via the bezel so that right and left handed people could use the watch with the same amount of comfort.
    Literally and figuratively a tall order right there. Curious to see how many have titanium machining equipment in their own garages to make those end links

Exciting!
    How about Dolphin Watches? They specialize in custom diving/military watches.
    Very nice examples (IMO) of their work on their website: www.dolphin-watches.com/en/watches

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information