• 2 Post By X2-Elijah
  • 2 Post By docvail
  • 1 Post By EPK
  • 1 Post By docvail
  • 2 Post By jerseydan31

Thread: Questions for NTH Barracuda owners

EPK

Questions for NTH Barracuda owners

I typed up a long PM to Chris, with my fat fingers on tapatalk, only to learn that he doesn't accept PMs.

So, I have a couple of questions for anyone who owns the Barracuda.

1. I have a small wrist and 48mm lug to lug (Barracuda) is about the max for me when it comes to comfort. Unfortunately, the endlinks on the Barracuda bracelet are the extended type which brings the lug to lug to 52mm which is a no go for me. I don't care for Oyster style bracelets anyway and would prefer a Jubilee.

Has anyone fitted a quality Jubilee style bracelet? I'd prefer a milled clasp but could live with hollow endlinks?

2. What's everyone seeing for accuracy with the 9015? Does NTH regulate these? I know what the stated accuracy is but wouldn't be satisfied with anything near the outer limits of the movement.

Thank you in advance for the help.
    redhed18 likes this.

Re: Questions for NTH Barracuda owners

Quote Originally Posted by EPK View Post
    I typed up a long PM to Chris, with my fat fingers on tapatalk, only to learn that he doesn't accept PMs.

1. I have a small wrist and 48mm lug to lug (Barracuda) is about the max for me when it comes to comfort. Unfortunately, the endlinks on the Barracuda bracelet are the extended type which brings the lug to lug to 52mm which is a no go for me. I don't care for Oyster style bracelets anyway and would prefer a Jubilee.

Has anyone fitted a quality Jubilee style bracelet? I'd prefer a milled clasp but could live with hollow endlinks?

2. What's everyone seeing for accuracy with the 9015? Does NTH regulate these? I know what the stated accuracy is but wouldn't be satisfied with anything near the outer limits of the movement.

1: idk about jubilee, but there's several options for beads-of-rice bracelets that don't extend past the lugs and fit perfectly.

2: Yes, they do.
    EPK and yankeexpress like this.
    Outgoing: either Islander ISL-09 or Steinhart Ocean Vintage Red.
    + always on wrist: Fitbit Inspire HR

EPK

Quote Originally Posted by X2-Elijah View Post
    1: idk about jubilee, but there's several options for beads-of-rice bracelets that don't extend past the lugs and fit perfectly.

2: Yes, they do.
    That's great news and thanks for such a fast response. The vintage gilt dial is stunning and very tempting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Best way to reach us is by the contact page on the website.

The end-links curve down, to hug the wrist, like the lugs. There's very little if anything added to the effective lug-to-lug, and certainly not 4mm. See pics below.

There are guys who have fitted after-market jubilees, but I think they all have folded end-links, which require a bit of wrangling to look right. Our BOR bracelets are solid end-link, and female style.

The accuracy specs on the 9015 are ludicrously conservative. Most run much, much, better than spec. Just the same, we'll test them all during final QC, and regulate any which are outside of 1/2 the range stated in Miyota's spec.

That said, accuracy isn't a single number, and your on the wrist performance will be impacted more by your winding and wearing habits. We can regulate a watch to run extremely well, at full power, when we average out the daily rate in four positions, but you may find that it doesn't run nearly as well at low power, and spending most of it's time in one position.

Tapatalk is all natural. Wash in cold water and tumble dry on low heat. Some talk shrinking may occur.
    EPK and bbrou33 like this.
    This used to be my signature, but now it's just this generic drawing of a watch.

I'm not on social media 24/7. It’s not a good way to reach me for support, or for me to deliver it. In order to best serve my customers, and manage my time effectively, I have turned private messaging off. The best way to reach me is using the support page of my website. Thanks for understanding.

EPK

Quote Originally Posted by docvail View Post

The end-links curve down, to hug the wrist, like the lugs. There's very little if anything added to the effective lug-to-lug, and certainly not 4mm. See pics below.

There are guys who have fitted after-market jubilees, but I think they all have folded end-links, which require a bit of wrangling to look right. Our BOR bracelets are solid end-link, and female style.

The accuracy specs on the 9015 are ludicrously conservative. Most run much, much, better than spec. Just the same, we'll test them all during final QC, and regulate any which are outside of 1/2 the range stated in Miyota's spec.

That said, accuracy isn't a single number, and your on the wrist performance will be impacted more by your winding and wearing habits. We can regulate a watch to run extremely well, at full power, when we average out the daily rate in four positions, but you may find that it doesn't run nearly as well at low power, and spending most of it's time in one position.

Tapatalk is all natural. Wash in cold water and tumble dry on low heat. Some talk shrinking may occur.
    Thank you for the response. This would be a daily wear and see lots of wrist time.

I guess I can try the stock bracelet and purchase the BOR if needed. I realize that Oyster bracelets are the most popular. I just haven't found one yet that really works for me. I do like when they taper significantly. I'll never know for sure unless I try it.

I've heard great things about the 9015. I simply wanted some confirmation and knowing that they're regulated helps.

Erik

bbrou33 likes this.

EPK

Quote Originally Posted by docvail View Post

Also, I watched a video (I know) which claimed that their calipers measured it at 52mm which is where I came up with that figure.

Everything on the internet is true right?!

Also, I watched a video (I know) which claimed that their calipers measured it at 52mm which is where I came up with that figure.

Everything on the internet is true right?!

Whoever that was probably failed high school geometry.

Your wrist is curved, yes? Do we care more about linear length, or how well a watch fits your curved wrist? Linear length is just a number, and doesn't really tell us much.

The oval in the image below is 60mm. Let's say that's a cross-section of your wrist.

The top box is 48mm long (the lug-to-lug on the NTH).

The bottom box is 54mm long (what someone claims the total length is, counting the end-links).

Notice I can position both boxes such that their corners intersect perfectly with the oval. I've highlighted the sections of the oval which fall within those boxes. If the bottom of the watch (or the watch + the end-links) was shaped that way, it'd hug your wrist, regardless of the linear length.

It's not about linear length. Fit is about shape. The lugs curve downward, as do the end-links.

Name:  Lines vs curves.png
Views: 65
Size:  5.5 KB

Name:  Amphion Commando Crown.png
Views: 69
Size:  894.1 KB
    bbrou33 likes this.
    This used to be my signature, but now it's just this generic drawing of a watch.

I'm not on social media 24/7. It’s not a good way to reach me for support, or for me to deliver it. In order to best serve my customers, and manage my time effectively, I have turned private messaging off. The best way to reach me is using the support page of my website. Thanks for understanding.

Nth Cuda vs Tudor BB58

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yankeexpress and EPK like this.

Various members have placed NTH on jubilees, I recall Rusty scored one on Amazon that fits perfectly.
    Google search NTH on Jubilee and you will find various pics

Check my IG account @ the_watchier

Here's the NTH BOR on a Skipjack, which is just a different face on the same watch.

Name:  IMG_20191203_042556044.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  3.06 MB

Name:  IMG_20191203_042829983.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  3.20 MB
    The great Confucius said that he would rather be a profound political economist than chief of police.

Thread Information