- only 30 to 50 watches
    - deep ocean blue dial
    - no date dial ONLY
    - cusn8 hand made bronze
    - 20/18 Swiss rubber strap, cusn8 buckle
    - Swiss ETA automatic movement

Please see the Raven webpage for more information and sketches etc

https://ravenwatches.com/pages/trekker
    Last edited by redhed18; 3 Weeks Ago at 14:38.
    boatswain and Nico Nico Nii~ like this.

Raven Trekker 2020 edition

My initial thoughts ...

First need to state that I own many previous gen Trekkers but so far this one isn’t 100% knocking it out of the park for me like I hoped it would.

Not sure how I feel about...

“Gloss dials, polished hands, and a gloss ceramic bezel”

Have to see, this shiny nature will be quite different for the Trekker.

Bracelet... I disliked the original jubilee so not sure how this new one will fare, but if anyone can make it work Steve probably can. The original was too chunky and pushed the effective L2L out... let’s see if he addresses those niggles. Hopefully not pin and collar!

Movement... honestly disappointed, as I am tired of the spinning rotor sound on 9xxx ... the ETA ones are just more solid feeling (sounding). I understand that Steve has supply issues with ETA though

Cases changes... pretty cool, I see this like the Tudor BB58 vs original Black Bay. The 40mm Trekker was about the limit for my small wrists.

Hands... not liking the hands he is showing on the Bronze so far and assume steel will be the same. Sounds like they will be polished (ok) but are more rectangular looking than the originals which had clipped corners.

Design... the Raven brand font has changed which I was expecting and ... is ok. But I don’t like the “Trekker” model name on the dial. Generally a pet peeve of mine when brands do this. Maybe I’ll get used to it. The lower text font also seems to have been carried over from the latest Solitude. Don’t like, that put me off buying that one. This is one thing Steve just hasn’t quite nailed yet IMHO. When fonts are perfect you don’t think about them, they just look natural.

Have to see how this one develops, I was originally setting some money aside in anticipation of this release...
    Last edited by redhed18; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:57.

Re: Raven Trekker 2020 edition

Any indication of dial colorways?

I had a gloss black dial watch a while back, it is actually pretty nice when done properly, gives a very deep black and not sunbursty so works well with sapphire. Matte blacks typically looks dark greyish under well illuminated conditions. I hope they do a bright colorway like yellow or orange though - here's hoping, got enough black dials,

Will be passing on the bronze.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like the no date :)
    redhed18 likes this.

Looks petty darn nice to me! I like gloss black dials too. I have a Gen 1 bead blasted Trekker, that I wish I had a bracelet for, but it's a super watch.

Thanks for posting up the info...
    "Yeah, it's basically a block of steel with a movement inside. Part of the charm." daschlag

I've always liked his watches. I've owned a few. His prices just keep creeping up. Imo the closer to 1k the more likely I am to go with something else. Knowing you can get similar watches for $350 really makes this prove a hard sell. Stay under $700 and it's a heck of a lot more inviting.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JLS36 View Post
    I've always liked his watches. I've owned a few. His prices just keep creeping up. Imo the closer to 1k the more likely I am to go with something else. Knowing you can get similar watches for $350 really makes this prove a hard sell. Stay under $700 and it's a heck of a lot more inviting.
    Same here. You can get a more compelling package both stylistically and technologically for around the same money.
    Maybe I'm just getting jaded, but I don't see any reason for this watch. Meaning, does it extend a particular aesthetic sense? Does it create something new and novel? If it exists solely to provide a new SKU, I don't feel it.

No knock on Raven in particular, this is more of a general sense.

Question, is a $200 premium on a $700 watch, 29% premium for bronze warranted?

Quote Originally Posted by arislan View Post
    Any indication of dial colorways?

I hope they do a bright colorway like yellow or orange though.
    Not yet apart from the bronze:blue

They had this to say about orange:

Quote Originally Posted by Ginseng108 View Post
    I don't see any reason for this watch. Meaning, does it extend a particular aesthetic sense? Does it create something new and novel? If it exists solely to provide a new SKU, I don't feel it.
    I think the evolution to be more shiny (gloss ceramic bezel, gloss dial, polished hands) takes the Trekker in a new direction.

Also I think this is just like the evolution from Black Bay to BB58... the original Trekker 40 is a little slab sided with 50mm lugs. This new one is smaller and on the website they explain how for example,

“The Trekker will feature new case architecture with an undercut bevel to the case, slightly changing the Trekker shape and allowing the watch to rock on the wrist with movement.”

So I think that could be a real “wearability” improvement for many folks.

Info from
    https://ravenwatches.com/pages/trekker
    Last edited by redhed18; 3 Weeks Ago at 17:03.

This watch doesn’t really speak to me. And it’s a little above what my wallet is comfortable with. But that slim clasp bracelet is really intriguing to me. Too many watches have these ginormous clasps that are pretty much the size of the watch itself. They look ridiculous and are very uncomfortable. I may as well be wearing another watch on the under side of my wrist. One of my favorite features of cheaper bracelets that a lot of people complain about like the Seiko SKX Jubilee and Timex Hairpuller and the ones on the cheap Casio digitals is that they are slim and compact. I man up and deal with a few pulled hairs and some rattling for the sake of having a slim bracelet. So yeah, that part caught my attention. I’m interested and curious to see pics of it.
    redhed18 and MONVMENTVM like this.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information