Retro Style Diver under $900 - Page 4
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Retro Style Diver under $900

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Retro Style Diver under $900

Lots of REALLY nice choices offered already. Can't hardly go wrong with any of them, imo.

Here's another...Bulova Oceanographer Devil Diver. On my short list right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

saturnphive likes this.

If you want a sub 1000 retro diver that is actually a true original then Doxa and Zodiac are it. Doxa is higher quality, but Zodiac looks even more retro. And it is.
    "In the Eighties we were so amazingly primitive we still thought digital watches were a pretty neat idea."

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    The Chris Ward C65 is a lovely watch but IMO the Oris 65 is nicer still if you can get a lightly used one.
    I owned an Oris 65 and its a great watch. Also the Vanuatu! (Highly recommend purchasing the Stainless Steel Bezel and a leather strap for the Vanuatu to basically give yourself a completely different watcht hat looks extremely high class!) The Oris 65 is a wonderful watch, and definitely attainable on the tropic rubber (which is extremely comfortable and good looking) for under $900.
    The Ball Skindiver I (Ahem, the "Ball Engineer Master II Skindiver" - not the Skindiver II) CAN be found for under $1000. It'll crush your lume needs and has a great old school feel - and probably the coolest bracelet ever (actually, quite similar to the mido , except its a satin metal rather than polished). Its smaller than the SkindiverII, and not as proud. Doesn't have the chronometer movement so it saves you a grand too - and looks more vintage with a slightly busier, slightly glossy dial.

I dig that ocean star too though!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Dup
    Attached Images Attached Images

The great Confucius said that he would rather be a profound political economist than chief of police.

Another Helson......

Name:  IMG_20200117_083310001.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  2.83 MB

Name:  IMG_20191023_075834787.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  2.72 MB
    The great Confucius said that he would rather be a profound political economist than chief of police.

Quote Originally Posted by saturnphive View Post
    I owned an Oris 65 and its a great watch. Also the Vanuatu! (Highly recommend purchasing the Stainless Steel Bezel and a leather strap for the Vanuatu to basically give yourself a completely different watcht hat looks extremely high class!) The Oris 65 is a wonderful watch, and definitely attainable on the tropic rubber (which is extremely comfortable and good looking) for under $900.
    The Ball Skindiver I (Ahem, the "Ball Engineer Master II Skindiver" - not the Skindiver II) CAN be found for under $1000. It'll crush your lume needs and has a great old school feel - and probably the coolest bracelet ever (actually, quite similar to the mido , except its a satin metal rather than polished). Its smaller than the SkindiverII, and not as proud. Doesn't have the chronometer movement so it saves you a grand too - and looks more vintage with a slightly busier, slightly glossy dial.

I dig that ocean star too though!
    I actually have the Vanuatu on preorder hopefully arriving this spring. The waiting is killing me. I like the Oris, but am not a fan of the crazy style numbers. I'll take a look at the Skindiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanjecterly View Post
    a "modified" ETA.
    People really need to stop using this phrase in reference to the latest Swatch/ETA movement families (C07 and A31).