Scubapro 500
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Scubapro 500

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Scubapro 500

Hello, can someone confirm if this is an original? All of the ones I’ve seen have an engraving on the back «super water resistant incabloc stainless steel swiss made 67199 » and serial, however this one is blanc. Could it be just a very early example?

Thanks!

Name:  B343A576-CA94-453A-B928-7CF32FEC731A.jpeg
Views: 137
Size:  698.1 KB
    Name:  EC9723FC-84C3-42D2-A3D0-2642F9330F03.jpeg
Views: 130
Size:  877.5 KB
    E8ArmyDiver likes this.

Re: Scubapro 500

Quote Originally Posted by Volod View Post
    Hello, can someone confirm if this is an original? All of the ones I’ve seen have an engraving on the back «super water resistant incabloc stainless steel swiss made 67199 » and serial, however this one is blanc. Could it be just a very early example?

Thanks!

Name:  B343A576-CA94-453A-B928-7CF32FEC731A.jpeg
Views: 137
Size:  698.1 KB
    Name:  EC9723FC-84C3-42D2-A3D0-2642F9330F03.jpeg
Views: 130
Size:  877.5 KB
    Looks good to me, the engraving on mine is light so may have worn off or been polished off at some point. Really nice example.

Regards

Ren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 2500M_Sub View Post
    Looks good to me, the engraving on mine is light so may have worn off or been polished off at some point. Really nice example.

Regards

Ren

Thanks for reassuring! How’s the movement on these? Has yours been reliable?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Also, is that exposed radium paint at the 12 o’clock marker on the bezel?

Thanks for reassuring! How’s the movement on these? Has yours been reliable?
    I had it serviced and pressure tested and it runs fine. That said I have a large collection so rarely wear a watch more than a few days and I also do not time my watches to see how many seconds they are off but it seems to keep great time when I wear it. It’s got an Eta forget which number and mine hacks and hand winds.

Regards

Ren

Also, is that exposed radium paint at the 12 o’clock marker on the bezel?
    From what I can tell it’s probably mixed with epoxy or something otherwise it would flake out after all these years that said If I do wear mine I keep it away from my toddler just in case.

Regards

Ren

DaveandStu likes this.

Ok thanks for the info!

Cheers!

Well it turns out there is engraving on the back, but it’s really light so it’s hard to pick up by the camera. Also realized that the lume is tritium based and not radium, as signified by the « t swiss made t », as such most of the radioactive atoms have already decayed

All that to say that I am a new owner of a Scub 5

So I am having the watch serviced, and there are two issues which I am mulling over, one is that the glass is chipped on the inside and is not be waterproof, so I am considering changing it for a glass and having the watch pressure tested, it is a dive watch afterall that’s supposed to be good for 50atm... the other issue is that the lume on the hands is flaking and has come off in a couple of places, my watch master recommends doing something about it, to put them back in the current state would mean that the lume could come off inside the watch and cause problems, so I can either strip the lume and put them back skeletonized, re-lume them, or get replacement hands and keep the originals along with the watch. I am concerned about the watch maintaining value, I don’t know if I will keep it forever, but I also do think it should function properly. What would you do?

If were were talking about a Rolex 5513 I would say to use replacement hands, I say get them relumed and change the crystal and have it water tested. Mine I believe had aftermarket hands so had them changed to sword hands when I had it serviced. Cant see you loosing any value in this particular watch by changing the crystal and reluming.

Regards,

Ren

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information