Scurfa Watches - Case Back Artwork
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Scurfa Watches - Case Back Artwork

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46
  1. #1
    Sponsor scurfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunderland UK
    Posts
    1,431

    Scurfa Watches - Case Back Artwork

    I have wanted my own case back artwork for a while now, I had a good idea of what I wanted and the perfect man for the job was my old workmate John Josimo Patterson, John was a Stolt Comex Diver and is now an award winning artist and tattooist, John made me feel at home and showed me the ropes on the old Comex diving vessel The Osprey, his paintings were up in the galley and also displayed on many crew members as Tattoos, unfortunately Johns diving career was ended with a couple of cases of decompression sickness and for a while he continued offshore life on deck but this meant lots more time spent on artwork.
    In 2013 John was awarded the Best Global Artist Award in Vienna and his belief in himself as an artist flourished.


    I wanted a modern take of the old Comex key rings and explained this to John, as you can see the results are amazing, the artwork will be on the up and coming Treasure Seeker model that should be available later this year, hope you like it.
    AlexxvD, tiki5698, Droyal and 21 others like this.
    Visit www.scurfawatches.com [email protected]
    follow me on Instagram @scurfawatches

  2. #2
    Member AlexxvD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    720

    Re: Scurfa Watches - Case Back Artwork

    Quote Originally Posted by scurfa View Post
    I have wanted my own case back artwork for a while now, I had a good idea of what I wanted and the perfect man for the job was my old workmate John Josimo Patterson, John was a Stolt Comex Diver and is now an award winning artist and tattooist, John made me feel at home and showed me the ropes on the old Comex diving vessel The Osprey, his paintings were up in the galley and also displayed on many crew members as Tattoos, unfortunately Johns diving career was ended with a couple of cases of decompression sickness and for a while he continued offshore life on deck but this meant lots more time spent on artwork.
    In 2013 John was awarded the Best Global Artist Award in Vienna and his belief in himself as an artist flourished.


    I wanted a modern take of the old Comex key rings and explained this to John, as you can see the results are amazing, the artwork will be on the up and coming Treasure Seeker model that should be available later this year, hope you like it.
    That is magnificent Paul! An exclusive appearance to your watches.

    Any more information/specs on the Treasure Seeker model?



    Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    592

    Re: Scurfa Watches - Case Back Artwork

    The new design looks magnificent - great job.
    First thought was that I wanted him to tattoo me as well !


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,364

    Re: Scurfa Watches - Case Back Artwork

    Magnificent! I can’t wait for the new watch.

  6. #5
    Member Biginboca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,809

    Re: Scurfa Watches - Case Back Artwork

    That’s killer! And I love the name treasure seeker too. Can’t wait to see what this is all about. I can see I have to buy my first Scurfa this year, lol
    Riddim Driven likes this.

  7. #6
    Member Fergfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    6,227

    Re: Scurfa Watches - Case Back Artwork

    Looks great! Is that diver wearing a Scurfa watch though ?

  8. #7
    Sponsor scurfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunderland UK
    Posts
    1,431

    Re: Scurfa Watches - Case Back Artwork

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    Looks great! Is that diver wearing a Scurfa watch though ?
    Yes under his glove!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    pdsf, Fergfour, boatswain and 1 others like this.
    Visit www.scurfawatches.com [email protected]
    follow me on Instagram @scurfawatches

  9. #8
    Sponsor scurfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunderland UK
    Posts
    1,431

    Re: Scurfa Watches - Case Back Artwork

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexxvD View Post
    That is magnificent Paul! An exclusive appearance to your watches.

    Any more information/specs on the Treasure Seeker model?



    Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk
    Yes but after I see the samples, hopefully everything I have planned works together


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Visit www.scurfawatches.com [email protected]
    follow me on Instagram @scurfawatches

  10. #9
    Member AlexxvD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    720

    Re: Scurfa Watches - Case Back Artwork

    Quote Originally Posted by scurfa View Post
    Yes but after I see the samples, hopefully everything I have planned works together


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great to see a new model is in the works! Looking forward to it.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

  11. #10
    Member Ticktocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sausalito, Ca.
    Posts
    1,267

    Re: Scurfa Watches - Case Back Artwork

    Looking forward to the new watches but the artwork?.......... In my humble opinion and with all due respect, the background is a little too busy and detracts from the actual impact the Comex key ring brings. In my experience with tattoo artists, most of their art work is based on "more is better" and that works for tattoos and a lot of color but the details get lost on something as small as a stainless steel watch case back. As long as the case back is comfortable and does not dig into the top of my hand, the artwork on a case back is not a deal breaker for me when buying a watch.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •