Seiko Kinetic Diver?

Thread: Seiko Kinetic Diver?

Seiko Kinetic Diver?

I seem to recall that before the board went down a few weeks ago, there was a thread on the Seiko (orange face) kinetic diver. I'm considering one on the bay and just wanted to get some opinions about it before I proceeeded. I prefer quartz watches usually, and currently have a couple of Luminoxes, and a Vixa.

Your opinions will be helpful in my deciding.

Chris B.

Re: Seiko Kinetic Diver?

Seiko dive watches are pretty bullet proof, and an excellent buy for the money. That said, I would go for an automatic version for a few dollars more.

Retired and living in the mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania

I think the Seiko kinetic drive watches are great!
    Steve

My favorite diver? Jessica Alba, of course!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Steve...always appreciate the input!

Chris

Chris,

I have both the orange and black kinetic diver watches. I like them both very much, although there are a few minor annoyances. One is that the skeleton hands are difficult to discern in the middle of the night because the hour hand is too similar to the hour markers. Another is that the edge around the crystal is very reflective and can be a distraction when trying to read the time at night.

The lugs of the watch are square. Some people are really keen on these lugs, as they very easily accomodate thick straps. However, a thinner strap leaves quite a gap between the case and strap. This bothered me, but most everyone else seems oblivious to it. The other issue is that the "stock" bracelet can be hard to find. Seiko USA didn't carry it. I found a few vendors outside the USA that charged $80-100 for it. Orange kinetic divers on the stock bracelet seem hard to find. I transplanted one from my black to my orange, but switched it back. As I have stated in other posts, my favorite color combo is orange kinetic on blue strap.

They keep fine time. I think I gain maybe 6 or 7 seconds per month.

To be honest, I like the looks of my orange monster better, but am a child of technology, so kinetic orange monster is the best of both worlds for me.

Here's a photo of my favorite watch...

Cowboy -

Thanks for all the information! I really do like the style of it and the fact that it keeps excellent time as well. It's also a good size for me...most of my watches are in the 43 - 46mm range although my VIXA is 48mm which is actually almost too big. When (not if!) I get it, the first thing I'll do is put it either on a NATO which I much prefer over just about anything else. That way, the "gap" you mentioned won't really be noticeable at all.

Chris

Thread Information