Like Tree15Likes
  • 4 Post By watchcrank_tx
  • 3 Post By skyleth
  • 1 Post By watchcrank_tx
  • 3 Post By nodnar
  • 1 Post By watchcrank_tx
  • 2 Post By Broadside
  • 1 Post By Broadside

Thread: Show your LIQUID-FILLED Divers! [ Please no accidental water ingress. :-) ]

Show your LIQUID-FILLED Divers! [ Please no accidental water ingress. :-) ]

Michael 808's super-cool oil-filled Filson Dutch Harbor made me wonder why we don't have a current catch-all thread for liquid-filled divers. When I searched, I couldn't find one, which is madness, madness I say.

Please post your deliberate liquid fills (no accidental water ingress, please ), whether from the factory or from the magic of your own three hands, and let's see if we can make this thread an on-going compendium.

Earlier threads:

I'll start with my Horloscaphe NC001 Fluide.
    • Ronda 715 Li which normally has a 10-year life, reduced to 7 years in fluid
    • 70 Euro battery change by Horloscaphe founder, professional watchmaker Hacène Mouhoubi, also an amateur diver and collector of antique dive instruments
    • Made in France (with a Swiss movement, obviously)
    • 39mm diameter
    • 11mm thick
    • 1000m WR
    • Filled with an undisclosed non-silicone fluid (I personally suspect some form of Fluorinert, but Hacène isn't saying

Mesmerizing edge-on liquid-filled visibility:
    Name:  horloscaphe_nc001_fluide_20200219.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  114.1 KB
    Name:  horloscaphe_fluide_20191007.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  126.3 KB

Please post yours!
    - Stephen

Re: Show your LIQUID-FILLED Divers! [ Please no accidental water ingress. :-) ]

I've filled a Casio MDV-106 and Bulova Snorkel II with 1 cst silicone oil, some g-shocks as well. It's definitely fun, but I wouldn't do this on anything too expensive (the Bulova was a bad idea in hindsight -- I think a seal or spacer if some sort swelled in the oil and added resistance to the stem, I broke a time setting grear while setting the time). Oil this thin runs well but also leaks out the seals, so there is regular/continuous maintenance required.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skyleth View Post
    I've filled a Casio MDV-106 and Bulova Snorkel II with 1 cst silicone oil, some g-shocks as well. It's definitely fun, but I wouldn't do this on anything too expensive (the Bulova was a bad idea in hindsight -- I think a seal or spacer if some sort swelled in the oil and added resistance to the stem, I broke a time setting grear while setting the time). Oil this thin runs well but also leaks out the seals, so there is regular/continuous maintenance required.
    Funny, at one time I had planned to fill the orange version of that same Bulova.

Thanks for posting these. Very cool.

Two questions:

1. Have you noticed any discoloration of the lume in your filled watches? (Sinn supposedly switched away from silicone oil due to lume turning brown.)
    2. Did you do anything to handle thermal expansion of the oil?
    Michael 808 likes this.
    - Stephen

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Wow, I just saw an oil filled one from the other thread.....pretty amazing stuff, goes way beyond the double domed effect.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/oi...r-5137061.html

Sinn UX factory oil filled. 15 yr battery drug down to 7 by the second hand pushing through the oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nodnar View Post
    Sinn UX factory oil filled. 15 yr battery drug down to 7 by the second hand pushing through the oil.
    Sinn's best diver IMO, and you have the best colors too, IMO. My U200 is the black bezel on steel SDR model, and if my wrist could handle a UX, I would own the UX SDR.
    nodnar likes this.
    - Stephen

Here is the UX's pappy....EZM 2
    Name:  441C58F8-C026-4671-99F6-32C5267F6291_1_201_a.jpeg
Views: 50
Size:  1.90 MB
    Last edited by Broadside; 4 Weeks Ago at 13:41. Reason: Gahhh...iPhone fail
    nodnar and watchcrank like this.
    Cheers,
    Pete

The Navy is a master plan designed by geniuses for execution by idiots. - Herman Wouk

This looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by watchcrank View Post
    Sinn's best diver IMO, and you have the best colors too, IMO. My U200 is the black bezel on steel SDR model, and if my wrist could handle a UX, I would own the UX SDR.
    I'm with you - i've bought and subsequently flipped a UX and a UX SDR (and a U2 SDR) because my puny wrist can't handle their awesomeness. The EZM2, on the other hand, is fantastically sized for the finer-boned gentleman.
    watchcrank likes this.
    Cheers,
    Pete

The Navy is a master plan designed by geniuses for execution by idiots. - Herman Wouk

Thread Information