SKX013 advice needed

Thread: SKX013 advice needed

SKX013 advice needed

Hi there, I have recently got myself an SKX013 via a private seller, after many years of hankering after one! I now have some creeping suspicions it may not be 100% the real deal! It was advertised as ‘lightly modded, bezel only’ hence the yellow colouring. But after some close inspection the dial seems a little off, line seems a bit dull compared to my trusty Seiko5 or MWW. Also, the logo seems to sit a little too low on the dial. Any help would be greatly appreciated from any Seiko experts out there! Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: SKX013 advice needed

Other than the Seiko logo sitting a little lower, it looks like the real deal to me, I'm no expert though on that model, maybe post in the Seiko forum, those guys are pretty slick, I'm sure they can shed some light on it.

En cas d'absence, je ne suis pas là. Si vous n'êtes pas là non plus, il n'y a personne.

no expert, if I'm giving you a scare, my apologies in advance,
    but that day/date looks off by any measure

Name:  1__13955.1486543266.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  112.9 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Based on the SN, this watch was made in either 2000 or 2010. Did the last owner disclose the approximate age of the watch (~10 years or ~20 years old)? I'm not a guru on Seikos, but it's possible that the dial saw some minor updates between 2010 and today. And even more likely that it saw some minor updates between 2000 and today. Also increases the likelihood that the printing may have faded with time, particularly if this is a 20 year old watch.