Smaller Quartz Diver?
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Smaller Quartz Diver?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smaller Quartz Diver?

Hello!

Long-time lurker, first time poster, so I hope I'm not breaking any sort of rules or etiquette here, and that I haven't missed any prior threads or topics that might address this.

I'm very fond of the aesthetics of dive watches, the original 6538 Submariner in particular, but I've run across a few issues in finding exactly the right watch for me:

1) Cost-- I'm a professional writer, and while I'm very happy with what I make it's certainly not Rolex money, nor am I comfortable with spending a large sum of money on a watch for a number of reasons. I like to keep my expenses in the safely $200-and-under region.

2) Small Wrists- I've smaller-ish wrists that aren't conducive to larger sized watches. I'm very comfortable with 36-40mm, and only own one larger watch, a 42mm that I use for casual wear.

3) Thickness- I also prefer to keep my watches on the thinner side, as I wear long-sleeve shirts and suits often and hate to have my cuff pushed up by a chunkier case.

4) Longevity/durability- Aesthetically, I'm very fond of the Invicta Pro Diver (the gaudy "INVICTA" stamp on the case aside), and in theory it's everything I'd want out of an everyday diver. I actually tried to make it my daily-wear watch several years ago but learned that its lifespan and durability isn't what I'd like. That's a whole post unto itself.

Taking these factors into account, I was wondering if there exists an affordable ($200 and under), quartz watch that has the sleek profile of the Invicta, but the durability and longevity of a more reliable name? Ideally it'd have the date (which I always forget) and lume (I'm often in movie theaters for my job). Note that I don't intend to use it as an actual diver so water resistance isn't of utmost importance-- most of my watches are 50/100m though I've a preference for the latter. Does such a creature exist or do I need to change my expectations, or find a different style of watch to make my "own"? Any information/guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Smaller Quartz Diver?

Welcome to WUS OP...Seiko Solar & Citizen Eco Drive are going to be your go to makers considering your budget..I would start with Ebay & Amazon..Something like the Seiko Solar Tuna wears smaller than the specs thanks to the hidden lugs & they look awesome on mesh bracelets..Good luck..
    Attached Images Attached Images

coltpeacemaker041 and Nokie like this.
    Current(Automatic):
    Fortis "Mars 500 Chronograph",1 of 500...
    Squale"30Atmos GMT"Alpine Green,1 of 200...
    Damasko "DSub1"...
    Zodiac"Super Seawolf"Creamsicle...
    Deep Blue "Daynight Diver"Sunray Blue/Blue Ceramic,T100GTLS...
    Future additions:
    Undone custom"PVD/Old Radium No Date"Diver...
    Squale"101 Atmos"PVD/Yellow...
    GRAIL:2020 Omega Seamaster "Bond 007 Edition"...

Perth Western Australia (born and family) but ATM I'm based in Queensland AUS in Townsville

Get a Citizen pilots chrono for under $200. Plus it's a eco drive much better then Seikos version

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Got this MTD-1017 blue dial, yachtmaster homage, 38mm for $40 in one's choice of colors on the Bay.

Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

R1P

The Scurfa Diver One may fit the bill.

Shockwave likes this.

Welcome to the forum

An SKX 013 might work for you. It's not quartz but I hear the 7s movement can take a beating.

i'd say squale 1553
    40mm, 45mm l2l, 20mm lug, wr200, eta f06.111, screw down crown/caseback...the only "minus" is the mineral crystal
    uh i forgot thickness...it's 8mm :)
    no metal bracelet, but a super comfy/durable bonetto nbr rubber strap
    price is around 260€
    Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  112.7 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_2019-02-07-09-55-060101.png
Views: 40
Size:  1.19 MB
    (images from the internet)

other than that i like A LOT the scurfa, price should be the same of the squale
    take a look also to the alba aefd530 (solar, 39mm) which is half the price of theose i named, and also very thin

i do also enjoy my (39mm) sbcm023 :)
    Name:  9fEOi4E.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  3.04 MB
    Last edited by Nico Nico Nii~; 2 Weeks Ago at 19:29.
    Shockwave likes this.

[QUOTE]Seiko Solar & Citizen Eco Drive are going to be your go to makers considering your budget/QUOTE]

This. Or Orient.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Try the Scurfa Diver One. It’s not especially small in the specs but they seem to wear that way.
    Shockwave likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by coltpeacemaker041 View Post
    Get a Citizen pilots chrono for under $200. Plus it's a eco drive much better then Seikos version

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
    Something of a catch 22 here for me: that's a beautiful watch, and I've always had a personal affinity for the look of Chronos, but even at their thinnest tend to run thick for me. May I ask the reference number and case thickness? I'm leaning towards no but may want to take a look into it anyway!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information