So are the Citizen Promaster Divers real dive watches.....or not ?
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: So are the Citizen Promaster Divers real dive watches.....or not ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

So are the Citizen Promaster Divers real dive watches.....or not ?

Apologies if this has been asked already (wouldn't surprise me), but I did a search on the question, and got nuthin' (again, no surprise).
    I just bought one of their solar-powered divers, the BN0151, and I'm really digging it, but have noticed some discrepancies in their advertising, and I was just curious.
    So, the watch is marketed, and pretty plainly stated in their ads, to be a "diver", and their web page says,".... it is powered by light and never needs a battery, so you'll never need to open your caseback or compromise your dive again". (obviously referencing diving with it).
    Yet, oddly, in the list of features, under 'Water resistance", it says, "swimming,showering,snorkeling". The obvious and easy answer here would be that they're just trying to cover themselves in case it floods on a dive, but that doesn't make any sense (rationally or ethically) for a watch advertised, and widely used, specifically as a dive watch. How can they market and label it as a dive watch, then pretty clearly state that it isn't (and all in the same ad) ?
    You can see these contradictions here in their ad....https://www.citizenwatch.com/us/en/p...N0151-09L.html
    Have they ever tried to weasel out of a warranty claim, based on the fact it was used while scuba diving ?
    Any good info is much appreciated.....

Re: So are the Citizen Promaster Divers real dive watches.....or not ?

While Citizen does state under WR "swimming,shower,snorkeling" they also state clearly that it is ISO Certified.As there is NO ISO"certification",only ISO Compliance ,& the dial clearly marked "Divers 200m" I doubt VERY seriously that if a problem occurred Citizen would balk at Warranty coverage.
    Bladerunner707 likes this.

I wouldn't worry too much about what's on the webpage. If you open the manual, you'll see that DIVERS 200M is "OK" for scuba diving. Just no saturation diving. My wife has one and uses it for diving. The webpage also says the case size is 48mm, which is not correct either. It's only 44, and it feels like a "tiny" 44.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have a BN0151 and have dived with it any number of times. Citizen makes some very capaable dive watches, and this is definitely one of them!

It is a true “air” diver. I suspect the language is lawyers lawyering lawyerly (says the lawyer). Unless your saturation diving I don’t see them giving you any hassles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are

Name:  IMG_4672.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  1.54 MBName:  IMG_4264.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  2.08 MB
    hugof3C, Steve0, Londonboy and 1 others like this.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner707 View Post
    Apologies if this has been asked already (wouldn't surprise me), but I did a search on the question, and got nuthin' (again, no surprise).
    I just bought one of their solar-powered divers, the BN0151, and I'm really digging it, but have noticed some discrepancies in their advertising, and I was just curious.
    So, the watch is marketed, and pretty plainly stated in their ads, to be a "diver", and their web page says,".... it is powered by light and never needs a battery, so you'll never need to open your caseback or compromise your dive again". (obviously referencing diving with it).
    Yet, oddly, in the list of features, under 'Water resistance", it says, "swimming,showering,snorkeling". The obvious and easy answer here would be that they're just trying to cover themselves in case it floods on a dive, but that doesn't make any sense (rationally or ethically) for a watch advertised, and widely used, specifically as a dive watch. How can they market and label it as a dive watch, then pretty clearly state that it isn't (and all in the same ad) ?
    You can see these contradictions here in their ad....https://www.citizenwatch.com/us/en/p...N0151-09L.html
    Have they ever tried to weasel out of a warranty claim, based on the fact it was used while scuba diving ?

Apart from Seiko Skx and Deep Blue 1000 its another reliable diver under 200$ for recreational diving.

Does not mean that you cannot get an occasional lemon but overall should be one of the most robust watches.

My personal choice is skx007 but I often see folks on diving trips with promasters as backup for dive computers.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

No problems with Citizen divers,when they say 200 metres they mean it.

Definitely a diver

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner707 View Post

Can't understand how they get away with "never needs a battery".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information