Squale 1545-orig vs squale 1545-SEL

Thread: Squale 1545-orig vs squale 1545-SEL

Hello all, I have been looking at the vintage style 1545 and noticed that there are two models. One the orig is sold at long island watch and has a white border around the date window and the other is at gnomon (the SEL) and lacks the white border around the date window.

Does anyone know if one is newer or older? If any other differences are happening between the two?

I cannot find info on them at the squale site. The one at gnomon says it has new improved case and crown system. Does that mean the orig does too or are they different?

Thanks for any information.

Re: Squale 1545-orig vs squale 1545-SEL

News to me, I thought the older ones were aluminium and the newer ones were ceramic. That’s all I know sorry.

I have the Maxi and a 1521 and they are awesome. Same internals and specs. Go with the one you like.
    Bertucci
    Caravelle
    CWC
    M
    emphis Belle
    Precista
    Scurfa
    S
    quale

DEFENSOR FORTIS ~ You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. Sir Winston Churchill

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This is from a post on here re both models:

“Long Island doesn't have the Militaire but a new model called the Original, which is very similar. However, the minutes makers are a lot longer and the hour dots smaller than on the Militaire and there is a white outline around the date window. All of these changes to the dial appear to shrink it and make it busier to my eye and I don't like it as much, but that's just me. The Original also has a stainless bezel versus a ceramic on the Militaire.”

I have the 1545 Orig from Long Island Watches as the Militaire was sold out at Gnomon when I looked (and then the Orig was sold out at Long Island just after I bought it!). Subtle differences, but exactly the same dimensions size, thickness etc. I don’t think you can go wrong either way.

My 1545 Orig below, the Rolex it pays homage to, plus the pics from Long Island and Gnomon.

Name:  Screenshot_20200124-200713_Chrome.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  590.9 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by delmar39 View Post
    This is from a post on here re both models:

“Long Island doesn't have the Militaire but a new model called the Original, which is very similar. However, the minutes makers are a lot longer and the hour dots smaller than on the Militaire and there is a white outline around the date window. All of these changes to the dial appear to shrink it and make it busier to my eye and I don't like it as much, but that's just me. The Original also has a stainless bezel versus a ceramic on the Militaire.”

I have the 1545 Orig from Long Island Watches as the Militaire was sold out at Gnomon when I looked (and then the Orig was sold out at Long Island just after I bought it!). Subtle differences, but exactly the same dimensions size, thickness etc. I don’t think you can go wrong either way.

My 1545 Orig below, the Rolex it pays homage to, plus the pics from Long Island and Gnomon.

Name:  Screenshot_20200124-200713_Chrome.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  590.9 KB
    I prefer without the box around the date and would go ceramic any day of the week than SS or aluminum.
    Bertucci
    Caravelle
    CWC
    M
    emphis Belle
    Precista
    Scurfa
    S
    quale

DEFENSOR FORTIS ~ You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. Sir Winston Churchill

Keep in mind that all current 20 Atmos 1545s share the same case, bracelet and movement. All have ceramic bezel inserts and date windows.

Here are some variations:

(From Gnomon’s site):

- 20 Atmos Classic 1545 (Rolex Submariner rendition)
    - 20 Atmos ‘Ferrovia’ 1545 Originale (same as what Long Island Watch version but with different hands - classic rendition of a Squale Blancpain 50 Fathoms)

- 20 Atmos Maxi (same as the classic but with Bigger indexes..painted on and not applied)
    - 20 Atmos Militaire (classic rendition of a Rolex Milsub)

From the Long Island Watch site:

- 20 Atmos 1545 Originale (rendition of older Squale dials with Rolex Milsub hands)

This is an older Originale with aluminum bezel:

One noteworthy mention....a rare 50 piece limit of a 20 Atmos Micro Edition:

Plain glossy dial with original Squale hands and round blacked out date.

Hope this helps!!! Enjoy!

JD31

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh man, that micro edition is the one I want! That's fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    Oh man, that micro edition is the one I want! That's fantastic!
    Yes and it's a hard one to get (only 50 made). IMHO the best version! Simple dial, 'stealth' circular date window, hunter green bezel insert that looks like a glossy black in certain light conditions.

This guy has come great pics of some of the Squale models:

https://www.picuki.com/tag/20Atmos

Enjoy!

Wow amazing responses! Hmm... now what to pick? I have a steinhart ovm but really want that 40mm case so thats what brought me to squale and then the more I learn about their history the more I like them!

Thank you again for pointing out the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Colmustard86 View Post
    Wow amazing responses! Hmm... now what to pick? I have a steinhart ovm but really want that 40mm case so thats what brought me to squale and then the more I learn about their history the more I like them!

Thank you again for pointing out the difference.

Thread Information