Squale 30 atmos red/blue ceramic
Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By skyboss_4evr
  • 2 Post By slorollin
  • 1 Post By skyboss_4evr
  • 1 Post By Ginseng108

Thread: Squale 30 atmos red/blue ceramic

Squale 30 atmos red/blue ceramic

Thoughts on this watch? I think it looks fantastic, but Im really on the fence over pulling the trigger. Wondering if it might be just a tad too flashy for an everyday watch.

So... feel free to talk me into or out of it. Id really like to hear from any members who own this watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by skyboss_4evr; January 30th, 2020 at 07:27.

Re: Squale 30 atmos red/blue ceramic

That's a good looking watch. You may want to check out Steinhart too. The two are very similar, direct competitors and both are available at Gnomon. It's a "pick 'em" bet as to which is better. I own a Squale and a couple of Steinharts. They're fairly equivalent quality wise, it seems to me.

Name:  IMG_20200129_065303727.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  2.98 MB
    The great Confucius said that he would rather be a profound political economist than chief of police.

Quote Originally Posted by slorollin View Post
    That's a good looking watch. You may want to check out Steinhart too. The two are very similar, direct competitors and both are available at Gnomon. It's a "pick 'em" bet as to which is better. I own a Squale and a couple of Steinharts. They're fairly equivalent quality wise, it seems to me.

Name:  IMG_20200129_065303727.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  2.98 MB
    I looked hard at Steinhart and love the look of their watches, but the extremely flat lugs (no downward curve) are a turnoff for me.

Ginseng108 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Get the trigger pulled. It’s an awesome watch and a real treat to own.

Well, I'd wear it EDC. It's on the sophisticated side of things but the question of whether or not it's too flashy is solely in your assessment. Trust your gut. If it's not feeling right, it won't get right by the wearing...at least probably not before you decide to flip it.

BTW, if you think the blue is the issue, get the all-black bezel version. I did and that's a watch that fits in anywhere under any circumstance or setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginseng108 View Post
    Well, I'd wear it EDC. It's on the sophisticated side of things but the question of whether or not it's too flashy is solely in your assessment. Trust your gut. If it's not feeling right, it won't get right by the wearing...at least probably not before you decide to flip it.

BTW, if you think the blue is the issue, get the all-black bezel version. I did and that's a watch that fits in anywhere under any circumstance or setting.
    Oh I love the red/blue bezel, just a little unsure on the gold-ish hands.

And I know you love your black one... Ive read your review and PMd you about it. But according to Gnomon, the black is no longer in production.

Quote Originally Posted by skyboss_4evr View Post
    Oh I love the red/blue bezel, just a little unsure on the gold-ish hands.
    And I know you love your black one... I’ve read your review and PM’d you about it. But according to Gnomon, the black is no longer in production.
    Hmm, the current BlueBlack only has C1 lume as opposed to the C3 in the Black. If it were C3, I'd trade you straight up if you bought but didn't dig the gilt because honestly, I was looking at picking it up, not the vintage lume tinted version they offered a while back.

Oh, also some things Squale go in and out of production. Limiteds are never really limiteds. Who knows? If you have patience, you might be rewarded.
    Last edited by Ginseng108; January 30th, 2020 at 23:08.

Quote Originally Posted by skyboss_4evr View Post
    I looked hard at Steinhart and love the look of their watches, but the extremely flat lugs (no downward curve) are a turnoff for me.
    Exactly the same issue I have with Steinhart. Exactly opposite situation with Squale. Great drops on every one I own.
    skyboss_4evr likes this.

Thread Information